CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Things had gotten so bad for Cincinnatis offence that the Reds couldnt even remember the last time anything

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Things had gotten so bad for Cincinnatis offence that the Reds couldnt even remember the last time anything

in So funktioniert unser Forum 11.10.2017 10:09
von jokergreen0220 • 373 Beiträge | 1865 Punkte
X

Auszeichnungen

des Mitglieds jokergreen0220
Gold
Gold
Siegerpokal für Fotowettbewerb
Siegerpokal für Fotowettbewerb 2014
Siegerpokal für Fotowettbewerb 2014

Simple Award Plugin • © 2013 Miranus GmbH

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Things had gotten so bad for Cincinnatis offence that the Reds couldnt even remember the last time anything amounted to a rally. Johnny Hekker Jersey . Finally, they got a reference point. Todd Frazier homered and drove in four runs Monday night, leading the Reds out of their offensive slump to an 8-1 victory over the San Francisco Giants in a game shortened to six innings because of rain. Frazier had an RBI single and a three-run homer off left-hander Mike Kickham (0-3), who has been hit hard in each of his three major league starts. Derrick Robinson drove in a pair of runs with a single, and Zack Cozart added a sacrifice fly and a run-scoring double as the Reds piled up their most runs since a 12-2 win at Wrigley Field on June 11. "We havent had a big inning in a while," Frazier said. "We were talking with (manager Dusty Baker) about that the other day. We had a little meeting. We were like, When was the last time we had a big inning? To have one was pretty nice." Bronson Arroyo (7-6) gave up a pair of hits in six innings, including Brandon Belts homer. He got credit for his 14th complete game and his first of the season. "Ill take it," Arroyo said. "It might be the only complete game I get all year. On the back of my baseball card 20 years from now, nobody will know the difference." Rain halted the game after the sixth. The umpires waited 1 hour, 28 minutes through a steady downpour before calling it. By then, water was cascading down the dugout steps and flooding the tunnels as well as the field. "You want to play but with what were looking at -- its coming down harder, its flooding in there -- at some point weve got to draw the line," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. "You want to play the game, but its pretty bad out there. The fields in bad shape." It was the first game shortened by rain at Great American Ball Park since Cincinnatis 4-2 win over the Cubs in five innings on Sept. 22, 2006. The Reds had a game suspended overnight because of rain earlier this season. The Giants returned to the place where they pulled off one of baseballs biggest playoff comebacks. After falling behind Cincinnati 0-2 in their NL division series last season, they won three straight at Great American to advance and eventually win the World Series. Bochy got a good feeling as he walked into the ballpark on Monday, remembering those moments. His club hasnt had many good ones lately, going 10-17 in June, its worst month since July 2008. That included a six-game losing streak that was San Franciscos longest in three years. July hasnt started any better for the defending champions, who have lost nine of their last 11 games. Theyve scored two runs or less in eight of those 11. The Reds, too, were struggling to score runs and win games. They went 2-6 on a trip out West, getting shut out twice while falling 5 1/2 games out in the NL Central, their biggest deficit in two years. No such problems this time. "You just dont know why," Baker said. "We were more aggressive. We didnt get deep into the count. We were attacking pitches early early. Everybody got into the act. We got a couple of cheap hits. We got a couple of line drives. Then we got the big three-run homer." The Reds scored four times in the second inning off Kickham, more runs than they managed in four of their last five games. The 24-year-old pitcher has gotten a rough introduction to the majors, making his first three starts on the road and losing all of them. Hes given up 21 hits and 16 earned runs in 10 1-3 innings. Jake Dunning had just started warming in the Giants bullpen when Frazier hit a three-run homer in the third on Kickhams 56th pitch. It was the fourth homer Kickham has given up in his three starts. That was the first time the Reds had scored more than five runs at Great American since an 8-2 win over Cleveland on May 28. NOTES: Kickham doubled in the second inning for his first major league hit. ... Giants RHP Ryan Vogelsong played catch before the game. He broke bones in his hand on a swing May 20 and needed surgery. Hes still several weeks away from returning. ... Belts homer was his ninth, tying his career high from his rookie season of 2011. ... Buster Posey was back behind the plate after playing two games at 1B to rest his tight legs. He left with rain falling in the sixth. ... Arroyo was coming off his worst start, a season-high seven runs in a season-low four innings of a 7-3 loss in Oakland. Tavon Austin Jersey . Rockhold." Known as an aggressive striker, Belfort (23-10) instead paced himself as the engaged in the early going and showed restraint by not overcommitting against the larger Rockhold (10-2). But when the opportunity presented itself, Belfort delivered an incredible spinning heel kick that landed flush on Rockholds chin and sent him toppling to the floor. Orlando Pace Jersey . But qualifying for her first Scotties Tournament of Hearts after years of falling short in tough Manitoba provincial championships is as good as consolation prizes get for the 29-year-old from Winnipegs Fort Rouge Curling Club. http://www.laramsfansshop.com/c-54-rams-robert-woods-jersey.aspx . -- Craig Anderson has quite a record against his former team, the Florida Panthers.WUHAN, China - Li Na, a two-time Grand Slam champion from China who took tennis in Asia to a new level, has retired due to recurring knee injuries. The 32-year-old Li posted the news on her microblog Friday, ending a week of intensifying speculation that she would announce her retirement ahead of the new WTA event at Wuhan, her home town. Li won the 2011 French Open, becoming the first player from China to win a Grand Slam singles title, and clinched the Australian Open title in January in her third trip to the final at Melbourne Park. She only entered seven tournaments after that, and hasnt played since a third-round defeat at Wimbledon. She withdrew from three tournaments in August, including the U.S. Open, citing a right knee injury. Most people in the tennis world know that my career has been marked by my troubled right knee, Li said in a statement posted on social media. Jack Youngblood Jersey. After four knee surgeries and hundreds of shots injected into my knee weekly to alleviate swelling and pain, my body is begging me to stop the pounding. My previous three surgeries were on my right knee. My most recent knee surgery took place this July and was on my left knee. After a few weeks of post-surgery recovery, I tried to go through all the necessary steps to get back on the court. Li set a host of milestones for tennis in China, including being the first Chinese player to win a WTA title and the first to win a major. Ive succeeded on the global stage in a sport that a few years ago was in its infancy in China, she said. What Ive accomplished for myself is beyond my wildest dreams. What I accomplished for my country is one of my most proud achievements. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen