Siegerpokal für Fotowettbewerb
Simple Award Plugin • © 2013 Miranus GmbH

TORONTO -- Toronto Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista has defended his failed attempt to steal third Friday night, saying he was just trying to get something going. Torii Hunter Jersey . With the Jays trailing Boston 5-0 with one out in the fourth inning, Bautista doubled. But after Edwin Encarnacion walked, Bautista was caught trying to steal third. Dioner Navarro then popped up to end the Toronto threat. The Red Sox went on to win 8-1, with Boston starter Jake Peavey calling the failed Bautista steal "a shot in the arm for us." Asked what Bautista was thinking by trying to take third, Toronto manager John Gibbons replied: "Ive got no idea. Its not smart winning baseball. Im sure he wont do it again." Bautistas explanation Saturday was that he was saw an opportunity to improve his teams position. "I thought it was a great chance to get two guys in scoring position, even though we were down 5-0," he said. "Obviously, the only thing I regret is that I didnt make it. "But the pitcher was being slow to the plate. I thought I had a pretty good idea that the pitch was going to be a breaking ball, and I also know that the catchers not the best catch-and-throw catcher in the league. Maybe my lead wasnt that big. Maybe I didnt get off to a great running start. But I thought it was a great opportunity for us to get two runners in scoring position with less than two outs. Sometimes you take chances and it doesnt work out, and thats part of the game. "The only way you can make a mistake is if youre out there on the bases. It just didnt work out for us last night." Bautista clearly hoped Encarnacion might follow his lead on the bases, but said he did not have a chance to flash his teammate a sign. Byung-Ho Park Jersey . HABS HEADED TO CONFERENCE FINAL The Montreal Canadiens scored early in Game Seven, built a lead and protected it well on their way to a 3-1 series-clinching win over the Boston Bruins. While this game or series isnt necessarily a referendum on the value of fourth lines, the Canadiens certainly benefitted from production lower down their forward depth chart. Ervin Santana Jersey . TSNs Farhan Lalji reports the Edmonton Eskimos non-import DT has a workout scheduled with an NFL team next week and isnt expected to sign a deal with any team until then. http://www.mlbtwinsonline.com/authentic-kent-hrbek-twins-jersey/ . - The Cleveland Indians will place centerfielder Michael Bourn on the disabled list before their opener at Oakland on March 31.Swansea defender Federico Fernandez says the recommendation of his Argentina team-mate Lionel Messi will count for nothing when Pep Guardiola takes over at Manchester City. Fernandez comes up against City on the final day of the Premier League season, live on Sky Sports, aiming to put a real dampener on Guardiolas arrival in Manchester this summer.City need a point at the Liberty Stadium to secure fourth spot and the Champions League place that comes with it, with defeat in Manuel Pellegrinis farewell fixture leaving them at risk of being usurped by Manchester United. Whatever happens on Sunday, though, Fernandez feels Guardiola has accepted the toughest challenge of a career which has so far only known success at Barcelona and Bayern Munich. Pep Guardiola is doused in beer by David Alaba as Bayern celebrate their title success All the players I know who have worked with him have always said what a good coach he is, said Fernandez.He has been successful wherever he has been, and Lionel spoke highly of what he did in Barcelona.But the Premier League is different. This is a more competitive league, a tougher competition. Eachh team is capable of beating the others every week as we have seen this season. Jose Berrios Jersey. Manchester City have top players but you only have to look at Chelsea this year to see how tough it is. They have top players and were champions, but this year they are only just around the top 10.So I think Guardiola has a tough job ahead at Manchester City.Swansea are without key players on Sunday who are rested ahead of Euro 2016 next month, including skipper Ashley Williams and joint-top scorer Gylfi Sigurdsson. Francesco Guidolin can now show just how good he is, says Fernandez But they have won six of their last 10 games, and manager Francesco Guidolin signed a new two-year contract in midweek.He came in when the situation was not good and very stressful, and I am happy for him and his staff, Fernandez said about Guidolin.He now gets a clean slate and a different chance to show how good he is. Also See: Sky Live: Swansea v Man City New deal for Guidolin Ki off on military service Jeffs Super 6 advice Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen