Siegerpokal für Fotowettbewerb
Simple Award Plugin • © 2013 Miranus GmbH

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Home run? Double? Who knew? Not Troy Tulowitzki. The Rockies shortstop was running all-out when a fan grabbed his fly ball by the top of the wall in left field. The umpires initially ruled the fan had reached over the wall and awarded Tulowitzki a double. One minute later, they changed their minds. Tulowitzki wound up with a two-run homer in the eighth inning, and the Rockies held on for a 5-4 victory Tuesday night that ended their streak of six consecutive losses to the Cincinnati Reds. "I didnt really see him touch it," Tulowitzki said. "I was just running and wanted to make sure I made it to second base." The umpires needed only a minute to watch the video and see that the fan with a glove had caught the ball above the top of the wall. They overturned the initial fan-interference call and awarded Tulowitzki his 13th homer. "A big-time home run by a big-time player," Colorado manager Walt Weiss said. "It doesnt get any more clutch than that." Sam LeCure (1-1) retired the first two Rockies in the eighth before walking Carlos Gonzalez and going to a full count on Tulowitzki, who got the fastball he was expecting. Reds manager Dusty Baker went with LeCure instead of Jonathan Broxton in the eighth because he was already warming up and has pitched well lately. LeCure hadnt allowed a run since May 5. "As a reliever, the later youre in the game, the better," LeCure said. "Today just wasnt my day. Ive been throwing the ball well, and people kept reminding me of that, and I kept saying, Someday, its going to end. It didnt have to be today." Nobody was happier about the homer than reliever Edgmer Escalona, whose mental lapse gave the Reds a go-ahead run in the seventh. Escalona tried the third-to-first pickoff fake that was outlawed this season, resulting in a balk that gave the Reds a 4-3 lead. "I figured at some point this year, somebody was going to do that with the new rule," Weiss said. Josh Outman (2-0) fanned Joey Votto and Jay Bruce to end that rally. Rex Brothers pitched a perfect ninth for his second save. The left-hander is filling in as closer with Rafael Betancourt sidelined by a strained groin. The Rockies are 2-6 against the Reds over the last two seasons. Colorado pulled ahead 3-0 against Homer Bailey, but couldnt hold on. Juan Nicasio gave up three runs in six innings, with Ryan Hanigan driving in a pair. Bailey was coming off his worst start of the year. He lasted a season-low 3 2-3 innings during a 7-1 loss in Cleveland on Thursday, when he gave up seven runs with two outs in the fourth. The right-hander had another bad inning against the Rockies, who scored three times in the second. Jonathan Herrera doubled home two runs, and Dexter Fowler singled home another run with two outs. Bailey then settled in, retiring the next 13 batters. Todd Frazier led the Reds comeback. He extended his hitting streak to five games with a double in the second and scored on Hanigans groundout. Frazier doubled again, driving home a run in the fourth, and came around on Hanigans double to tie it 3-all. Frazier, who finished third in NL Rookie of the Year voting last season, has pulled out of his slow start by batting .352 in his last 16 games. Michael Cuddyer singled and scored the Rockies first run, extending his hitting streak to eight games. Herrera finished with three hits. NOTES: The Rockies sent starter Tyler Chatwood back to Denver for an MRI on his sore right triceps, which forced him from a 3-0 loss to the Reds on Monday night in the fifth inning. Chatwood is expected to miss at least his next turn. A medical exam was encouraging. ... Reds 2B Brandon Phillips missed a third straight game with a bruised left forearm. He took batting practice and said the arm felt better. Hes expected back on Friday for the opening of a series against first-place St. Louis. ... Umpire Lance Barrett filled in for Kerwin Danley, who was hit on the facemask by a deflected pitch and left the game with a headache on Monday night. ... RHP Johnny Cueto (3-0) makes his fourth start since coming off the DL in the series finale on Wednesday. RHP Jon Garland (3-6) starts for the Rockies. Cheap Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Authentic . 31, the CFL club announced Monday. The team also has yet to decide on the future of Doug Berry, who began the season as a consultant to the head coach but took over the offensive co-ordinators duties in July. Cheap Arizona Cardinals Jerseys . Following a lopsided 5-2 loss against the New Jersey Devils on Wednesday night, Paul MacLean told reporters that "theres a lack of focus, theres a lack of leadership and theres a lack of preparation" with his struggling team. That came on the heels of Bryan Murray taking the unusual step of going into the locker room at the Prudential Center and addressing the players himself. http://www.cheapcardinalsjerseyselite.com/ . NBA officials ruled the court unplayable in the Bucks final exhibition game on Oct. 25 because players were slipping, and the game was cancelled midway through the first period. Cheap Drew Stanton Jersey . Jeff Green scored 13 points and Kris Humphries 12 for the Celtics, who nearly blew an 18-point, second-half lead. Sullingers 20-20 was the first by a Celtics player since Kevin Garnetts first game in Boston in 2007. Garnett was dealt -- along with Paul Pierce -- to Brooklyn during the off-season. Cheap Arizona Cardinals Jerseys China . -- Three close looks at the bucket, three misses. LONDON -- Five months after saying he lacked the experience to coach England, Gareth Southgate landed one of soccers toughest roles on Wednesday by showing he can handle the responsibility.The 46-year-old Southgate pulled out of the running to succeed Roy Hodgson after Englands European Championship debacle, clearing the way for Sam Allardyces appointment in July.But when Allardyce was forced out following one game in charge, Southgate had an unexpected chance to get a taste of coaching England for four games. Promoted from the under-21 team, Southgate passed his audition and secured a four-year contract.I think at that time (in July) there would have been a perception about someone being promoted internally through the organization, Southgate said. Having had the opportunity to prove myself over a small sample of games I have been able to show I can handle the role ... and prove to people I was capable of preparing the team for some big matches.Southgate said he believes he is qualified to fill a role previously occupied by veteran coaches Fabio Capello and Sven-Goran Eriksson despite his only previous first-team managerial role at Middlesbrough ending in 2009 after three years.After the summer I have had time to reflect on the qualities I have got, the experiences I have got and how that would prepare me for this sort of a role, Southgate said.The former England defender pointed to tournament experience as a player and in charge of the under-21 team, which saw him work with much of the current senior squad.Ive thoroughly enjoyed working with the players over these past four games and I think theres huge potential, Southgate said of his unbeaten run as interim coach.Southgate secured World Cup qualifying wins over Malta and Scotland, a draw against Slovenia, and a 2-2 draw against Spain in a friendly. He seemed at ease in the role and even showed some backbone by dropping captain Wayne Rooney in his second match as interim coach.Southgate was the only person the English Football Association interviewed this time, with the governing body saying it looked into a number of managers before Allardyce was hired in July.The job was really to assess Gareth against that group of people we looked at before, FA chief executive Martin Glenn ssaid of the five-man panel which interviewed Southgate.ddddddddddddlenn said Southgate displayed great confidence, he really knows what he is talking about and he understands how to motivate players.You can see, like all of us, he has still got things to learn, Glenn said, and we got a better idea about the ways we can put support around him to ensure he can be successful.England won the 1966 World Cup, but has only reached the semifinals of a tournament twice since then. The last time was at Euro `96 when Southgate missed the decisive penalty in a shootout against Germany -- the current teams next opponent in March.England hosts the worlds richest soccer league and has excessively high expectations for a national team with such a woeful record at recent major tournaments. With Hodgson in charge, England was eliminated in the group stage of the 2014 World Cup and then lost to tournament newcomer Iceland in the round of 16 at Euro 2016.Once a job sought by the best coaches in world football, the England role has lost its appeal. No reign has been shorter or more embarrassing for the FA than Allardyces. He left the job after 67 days -- and just one match -- when his integrity was damaged by unguarded comments to undercover reporters about illegal transfer practices and potential public-speaking appearances.Clean-cut, well-spoken and with no baggage, Southgate fits the bill for the FA in terms of image. He also knows the FA and what the national body wants and expects, having been coach of the under-21 team for three years and the governing bodys head of elite development before that.He repaired some of the damage done to his coaching reputation from his time at Middlesbrough when he was with the under-21 team, leading it to a first title in 22 years at this years Toulon tournament. And he impressed during his two-month spell as interim coach of Englands senior team by implementing a brave style of play that saw the team play the ball out from the back as much as possible.In his playing career, Southgate had spells at Crystal Palace, Aston Villa and Middlesbrough.---Douglas reported from Manchester, England Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen