ZURICH, Switzerland -- Cristiano Ronaldo couldnt hide how much it meant to him, finally being voted the worlds best player again

ZURICH, Switzerland -- Cristiano Ronaldo couldnt hide how much it meant to him, finally being voted the worlds best player again

in So funktioniert unser Forum 01.06.2018 04:25
von jokergreen0220 • 884 Beiträge | 4420 Punkte
X

Auszeichnungen

des Mitglieds jokergreen0220
Gold
Gold
Siegerpokal für Fotowettbewerb
Siegerpokal für Fotowettbewerb 2014
Siegerpokal für Fotowettbewerb 2014

Simple Award Plugin • © 2013 Miranus GmbH

ZURICH, Switzerland -- Cristiano Ronaldo couldnt hide how much it meant to him, finally being voted the worlds best player again. Joe Allen Jersey . Having spent four years in the shadow of his great rival Lionel Messi, Ronaldo broke down in tears after being elected the Ballon dOr winner for 2013 on Monday -- a rare display of emotion that showed just how important it was for the Portugal winger to lay his hands on the trophy again. Ronaldo first won footballs biggest individual prize five years ago, but then watched as Messi found a way of upstaging him each year despite consistently scoring at an unprecedented rate for Real Madrid. "There are no words to describe this moment," said Ronaldo, crying openly while his 3-year-old son, also named Cristiano, stood at his feet. The little boy had just been hoisted by Brazil great Pele to touch the golden trophy as dad gathered himself to speak. "People who know me know how many people helped me," Ronaldo said in Portuguese. "If I have forgotten anyone, I do apologize because I am deeply moved." Earlier Monday, Ronaldo was cautiously diplomatic at a news conference, facing media who mostly predicted his prolific 69-goal tally in 2013 would end Messis four-year victory run. Ronaldos stunning hat trick against Sweden in a decisive World Cup playoff in November also appeared to stand out as the years defining individual performance. "If I win, fine. If I dont, life goes on," he said, acknowledging that Messis sustained excellence for Madrid nemesis Barcelona had pushed him to improve. Ronaldo also said he has made peace with FIFA President Sepp Blatter, whose ill-judged comments in October stating a preference for Messi seemed to confirm a long-held belief in Portugal and Madrid that their player was destined to lose. "We talked over the telephone and everything was cleared," Ronaldo said before the ceremony. "This is no longer an issue, neither for us nor for football." In a tight race, Ronaldo received 1,365 points, Messi had 1,205 and Franck Ribery, the France and Bayern Munich winger, got 1,127. Voting was done by national team captains and coaches, plus selected journalists in each FIFA member country. Canada coach Benito Floro cast his first-place vote for Ronaldo, while captain Atiba Hutchinson had Messi first and Ronaldo second. On hearing his name called -- finally delivered by Pele after a dramatic pause and smile -- Ronaldo closed his eyes, grinned and dipped his head, then turned to kissed his girlfriend, model Irina Shayk, before walking to the stage. Pele greeted Ronaldo with a hug minutes after he also cried on stage when collecting an honorary Ballon dOr for his own outstanding career. Ronaldos victory was fitting on an evening when FIFA paid tribute to another great Portugal forward, Eusebio, who died last week. FIFA also stressed that Ronaldos win owed nothing to an extension of the initial balloting deadline beyond the World Cup playoff. His display in Stockholm was so impressive it seemed certain to sway voters when Messi was sidelined by his third injury of the year. Still, FIFA spokesman Walter De Gregorio said Monday the standings were unchanged by the voting rules adjustment. Though Ribery lost, Bayern got one victory as Jupp Heynckes won the coaching award for leading the team to a Champions League, Bundesliga and national cup treble last season before he retired. Heynckes defeated Juergen Klopp of Borussia Dortmund and Alex Ferguson, who retired after winning another Premier League title for Manchester United. European champion Germany swept the womens awards. Goalkeeper Nadine Angerer was player of the year ahead of United States forward Abby Wambach, last years winner, and Marta of Brazil. Canadian captain Christine Sinclair and coach John Herdman both cast their first-place votes for Angerer. Sylvia Neid won the womens coaching award, beating Swedens Pia Sundhage and Ralf Kellermann, who led Wolfsburg to the Champions League title. Zlatan Ibrahimovic won a fans online vote to get the Puskas Award for best goal, a long-range bicycle kick for Sweden against England in a November 2012 friendly. Blatter gave his presidential award to Jacques Rogge, the International Olympic Committee president for 12 years until reaching his term limit last September. The Afghanistan football federation got the fair play award. Pele received an honorary Ballon dOr trophy, which he could never get during his career when the original prize created by France Football magazine in 1956 was restricted to European players. "I promised my family I would not cry but I am emotional," said Pele, the only player to win the World Cup three times. Joe Ledley Jersey . - The Clippers have signed guard Dahntay Jones to a second 10-day contract. Custom Wales Jerseys . Mars announced Saturday that the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers will join him as part of his halftime show. Super Bowl halftime performers often have collaborators. http://www.soccerwalesshop.com/ashley-williams-wales-UEFA-EURO-jersey/ . Trailing 2-1 from the first leg, Fiorentina levelled on aggregate in the 14th minute when Joaquin Sanchez Rodriguez headed back a long ball from David Pizarro and Pasqual smashed home an angled volley.CHICAGO -- Joakim Noah fell one assist short of his fourth career triple-double Thursday night, and the 6-foot-11 centre sounded almost embarrassed by his pursuit of that feat late in a rare comfortable home win by the Chicago Bulls. "Its not really good to play basketball that way," Noah said. "Focusing on your stats is not that cool, but I tried to get it." Following the Bulls 94-82 victory over the Boston Celtics, no one else in either locker room was about to criticize the focus on statistics at the end because Noahs playmaking ability was the main reason Chicago had a sizeable lead down the stretch in snapping a two-game home losing streak. He finished with 17 points, 11 rebounds and nine assists to lead six Bulls scorers in double figures. "Noah is an all-around winning guy," Celtics coach Brad Stevens said. "I coached against Noah as an assistant in college in the Sweet Sixteen. Hes a guy who makes his teammates better in all the different ways. He even made the plays that will never get on the stat sheet -- pulling over and helping, being long and forcing us to make another pass or forcing us to miss a shot. "All those things add up at the end of the game." They just didnt add up to 10 assists. Carlos Boozer had 16 points, Luol Deng 14, Taj Gibson 12, Mike Dunleavy 11 and Jimmy Butler 10 as the balanced Bulls bounced back from a loss to Toronto on Tuesday in the opener of their four-game homestand. Jordan Crawford led the Celtics, who have lost two straight, with 22 points. Noah had nine assists early in the fourth quarter, but couldnt get another. Butler missed a jumper with 8 seconds left in a last-second gasp. "We really wanted him to get the triple-double," Gibson said. "I told him if I was in the game, I would have gotten it for him." The Bulls (13-18) could afford to laugh for a change. Their early-season troubles can be tied directly to their inability to win consistently at the United Center. The Bulls had dropped six of seven home games to fall to 7-7 at the United Center this season. Worse, five of the six losses came against teams with losing records at the time of the game. TThat stretch began two days after Chicago scored a 20-point home win against defending champion Miami. Gareth Bale Jersey. The Bulls also have a 16-point home win against Indiana, the club with the best record in the Eastern Conference. Even without star guard Derrick Rose, this team expects to win consistently at home. "We have to turn it around," Noah said. "To do that, everybody has to go in and give everything they have. We cant take any nights off. You cant play at 70 per cent, you cant play at 80 per cent. Youve got to give everything youve got every night." To help avoid the prolonged offensive droughts that have plagued his team in the past, Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau decided to use Noah as more of a playmaker. "We have always run a lot of the offence through him, and thats what makes us a little different," Thibodeau said. Chicago moved ahead of the Celtics for eighth place in the Eastern Conference despite being five games under .500. "Theyve had their struggles, but thats not a 13-18 team," Stevens said. "As they get fully healthy, theyll continue to have success because they execute on both ends of the floor as well as anybody in the league. That being said, their offence is going to find itself, the shooting will find itself. It did a little bit tonight." NOTES: Celtics G Rajon Rondo, sidelined nearly a year since tearing his ACL, said before the game he is likely to play a stint in the D-League before returning. "I think thats what its for," he said. "Id probably be the first guy to do that, but it doesnt make a difference. I want to make sure Im healthy and handle it the right way. I havent had a preseason. I havent had a training camp." There is no timetable for Rondos return. ... The Bulls had a full complement of players -- other than Rose, who is out for the season -- for a second straight game after playing short-handed for virtually all of December. "The challenge is how quickly we can adapt to the moving parts," Thibodeau said. ... The Celtics, who have a home game Friday against New Orleans, had to stay in Chicago on Thursday night because of the weather. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Authentic Jerseys Stitched NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Hoodies Cheap Jerseys Throwback Wholesale Jerseys 2018 ' ' '

nach oben springen