Giants-Patriots: Was Kyle Lauletta’s night better than the stats indicated?

Giants-Patriots: Was Kyle Lauletta’s night better than the stats indicated?

in News und Infos 06.12.2018 07:26
von liny195 • 186 Beiträge | 930 Punkte
X

Auszeichnungen

des Mitglieds liny195
Gold
Gold
Siegerpokal für Fotowettbewerb
Siegerpokal für Fotowettbewerb 2014
Siegerpokal für Fotowettbewerb 2014

Simple Award Plugin • © 2013 Miranus GmbH

In a surprise start Thursday vs. the New England Patriots Cheap Odell Beckham Jr Jersey , rookie Kyle Lauletta went a pedestrian 8-of-19 for 118 yards with a touchdown pass and two interceptions for the New York Giants as they lost 17-12.Giants coach Pat Shurmur thought Lauletta, the team’s fourth-round pick, played better in his most extended action of the preseason than the final stats indicated.“I think he fell victim to some drops that would’ve made things look a little better. That one scramble where I think he hit (Jerell) Adams (a ball that was dropped), that keeps a drive alive,” Shurmur said. “He was aggressive with his throws down the field, which we wanted to see. You can see he has plenty of arm strength, which is good, and I thought he was pretty poised throughout the game.”Lauletta was hard on himself“There were a couple of near misses,” he said. “A couple of deep balls were just a little bit off today. I think if I had made a couple of those throws, everything would have been different, we might have even won the game. I’m disappointed, but I know what I have to do moving forward.”Both interceptions came on deep balls intended for Kalif Raymond. Cornerback J.C. Jackson had both interceptions, reaching out for one and taking inside position from Raymond to get the other one. After the game, Shurmur sounded as if he felt Raymond could have done a better job preventing at least one of the interceptions.“When you’re in pro football and you’re throwing the ball around, you need to catch it, especially in those third down situations or when we take a shot on the deep ball, if the ball gets laid inside a little bit, the ball’s got to get defended,” he said.Lauletta, though, was taking the blame himself.“When it left my hand http://www.giantscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-patrick-omameh-jersey , I honestly thought it was a touchdown, but it kind of hung up in the air,” Lauletta said. “I should have put it two more yards out there and he probably walks in.”Lauletta also indicated that perhaps he should have checked the ball down on one of the two interceptions.Confident he can do the jobIf all goes according to plan for the Giants this will be the last time we see Lauletta in a game until the 2019 preseason. Eli Manning is entrenched as the starter and Davis Webb has ascended to the No. 2 role. That will likely leave Lauletta in street clothes on game days. His preseason line ends up 17-of-35 (48.6 percent) for 194 yards, a touchdown and two interceptions.He knows the situation, but he is also confident he can handle the responsibility of playing if the situation arises.“Absolutely, absolutely. As much as we’re in the room studying, and Eli is the guy, but me and Davis or Alex, we’re all hearing the same things that he’s hearing and we’re preparing the same way. We might not get as many reps, but look, this is the NFL and when you go out there, there’s no excuses. You study, you rep the routes and the throws as much as you can, and when your number is called, you have to execute it,” he said.“So Davis is confident, I’m confident, Alex goes out there and plays extremely well. That’s what we do, so I’m confident, and if I were ever called to come into a game, I would have all the confidence in the world. With this coaching staff and this group of guys around me Aldrick Rosas Jersey , (there is) no fear or nothing like that. Just go out and play and help my team win. Tonight, we fell a little bit short, and partly because of me, so it hurts a little bit, but we’ll just learn from it and it will carry into the regular season.”Sights and sounds of Giants’ camp: Ramping up for Jets’ week The New York Giants held their second consecutive padded practice Tuesday afternoon as they get ready to play the New York Jets on Friday night. That game is always a special one. League-wide that’s because it is the one coaches typically use to most closely simulate a regular season game, with game-planning and extensive use of the starting personnel. But for the teams which share Met-Life Stadium, this game has become an annual tradition where the Giants and Jets play out their intra-city rivalry — at least in the years when the NFC East and AFC East don’t play each other in the regular season. As such, this practice was a “carded” practice, and conducted like a practice before a regular season game. But even though this isn’t a practice as we’ve grown accustomed to seeing over the last month, we’re still bringing you the sights and sounds as best we can.On the practice fieldAs the Giants warmed up, it was obvious that Saquon Barkley would continue to slowly work his way back from his hamstring strain. All warmed up, it was time for individual drills:But with real, meaningful, regular season football looming, we’re less concerned with individual drills and more concerned with team work. Meanwhile, Barkley and rookie defensive tackle R.J. McIntosh were doing work on the side as they come back from their respective ailments. While the defense was getting some work in, the Giants’ offensive linemen got work in on their own. As did Eli Manning and Odell Beckham Jr. Back to team drills, the Giants’ were working on their Red Zone play.On the day that Victor Cruz formally announced his retirement from the NFLThere was at least one former Giant in attendance today. Maybe Antrel Rolle was hoping to sneak his way on to the Giants’ depth chart at defensive back.

nach oben springen