Siegerpokal für Fotowettbewerb
Simple Award Plugin • © 2013 Miranus GmbH

The Packers have benefitted from generational stability at quarterback Kenny Clark Jersey White , a stability that stemmed from drafting one in the first round when they had a 35-year-old star at the top of his game.But even though Aaron Rodgers was a clearly defined successor to Brett Favre, Packers General Manager Brian Gutekunst downplayed bringing in Missouri quarterback Drew Lock for a pre-draft visit was part of a plan to eventually replace Rodgers.“I think the whole succession plan thing, I think is a little bit overhyped or whatever,” Gutekunst said, via Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com. “I go back to when I first started and certainly when Ted [Thompson] came back [as GM in 2005], we value that position extremely highly. And I think every year we spent a lot of time on quarterbacks and try to figure out what kind of players those guys are going to be in the NFL. I think it’s really Womens JK Scott Jersey , really important to us because if you don’t have one it’s really tough to win in this league. So, you know, for us it’s just about each and every year trying to decide which of the guys that could potentially be starters in this league and difference maker-type players. And then if you ever have an opportunity to take them sometime in the draft and it’s the best thing for your team I don’t think you can hesitate with that, you know?“Again, we’re lucky to have the best player in the NFL playing that position right now. But at the same time, just like I was talking about before David Bakhtiari Jersey , your needs can change just like that. So, I think it was just doing due diligence. There’s always questions, specifically with those guys, maybe that are a little more thorough and more in depth that you’ve got to get to the bottom of and so we were trying to do that.”The Packers are in a position to invest for the future, since they have a pair of first-round picks (12th and 30th overall).And it would be easier to dismiss bringing in Lock as one of their 30 visitors if they didn’t also try to schedule Duke’s Daniel Jones. But Gutekunst said between medical issues and other considerations, the extra visits could mean many things.“Certainly Womens Quinten Rollins Jersey , there’s a medical part of it,” Gutekunst said. “There was a bunch of guys not at the combine that we needed medical grades on. That’s part of it. A lot of it is just trying to get to know guys a little bit more. There were some unanswered questions that when we came out of the combine or pro days that we didn’t feel like we had answered.“And then sometime there’s just some subterfuge thrown in there as well.”And that’s fine, as they have enough visits to do things just to mess with their opponents. If that’s all they’re doing, of course. The Packers have gotten some time to get used to head coach Matt LaFleur since the offseason program started earlier this month and one of the things that has come through for the players is the sense of a new beginning.LaFleur said on Tuesday that he will “always pay credit and respect” to the past successes of the Packers organization, but said that he’s focused on “making history” rather than living in it. LaFleur’s focus on now has found support from quarterback Aaron Rodgers.“I think the great thing about Matt is it’s been very clear messaging,” Rodgers said http://www.packerslockerroom.com/authentic-kyle-murphy-jersey , via PackersNews.com. “He’s been great in front of the room. It’s a forward focus. It’s about building today for a better tomorrow. He’s done a great job of talking about how the most important thing is us moving forward together and having a deference and appreciation for the past.”The overall history of the Packers is a rich one, but missing the playoffs the last two years means the recent past hasn’t been quite as fruitful. Moving past all of it will be necessary for LaFleur to truly make a fresh start in Green Bay.

nach oben springen

akins-jersey/]Jordan Akins Jersey[/

in Gästeecke 06.09.2019 05:30
von elaine95 • 583 Beiträge | 2471 Punkte
X

Auszeichnungen

des Mitglieds elaine95
Gold
Gold
Siegerpokal für Fotowettbewerb 2014

HOUSTON (AP) — With the defense forcing a season-high four turnovers Jadeveon Clowney Jersey , the Houston Texans extended their winning streak to nine games with a win over the Browns.But as good as the unit has been, the Texans believe they can get much better down the stretch with the first test coming on Sunday against Andrew Luck and the Indianapolis Colts.“We can tackle better,” coach Bill O’Brien said. “I think we can communicate better. I think there’s a lot of things that we can improve on in all three phases, but I think they’re playing hard. They’re playing with really good effort.”That effort was highlighted on Sunday when rookie safety Justin Reid chased down Antonio Callaway after a long catch and forced a fumble just before he crossed the goal line to prevent a touchdown.It was just the latest big play for the third-round pick, who helped Houston to a 23-21 victory over Washington on Nov. 18 by returning an interception 101 yards for a touchdown.“He’s really improved every week,” O’Brien said. “He really works hard to improve. He’s a very smart guy Johnathan Joseph Jersey , works very hard in practice, instinctive player, good speed, good size. He’s come a long way. He really understands the importance of practice and he tries to get better every day.”Reid’s emergence illustrates the fact that Houston’s defense has succeeded this year because it has received important contributions from several players. While the return of three-time Defensive Player of the Year J.J. Watt and the solid play of 2014 top overall pick Jadeveon Clowney has led the unit, the Texans have also seen plenty of other players step up to make big plays as they’ve piled up win after win.On Sunday, Andre Hal had one of three interceptions of Baker Mayfield. It was the first interception of the year for Hal Whitney Mercilus Jersey , who missed the first six games of the season recovering from cancer after being diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma in May.Zach Cunningham made another big play for the defense when the second-year player grabbed his first career interception and returned it for a touchdown against the Browns.“You’re always looking to try to figure out, as you get ready for the next team, what does this individual player need to improve on,” O’Brien said. “What does this unit need to improve on? What does the team need to improve on? What do I need to improve on? I think that’s been a big theme for us and our players are doing a good job of taking that to heart.”The Texans are also careful not to get too caught up in the streak. They know that if they don’t focus on their next opponent that things could go wrong quickly.“I don’t even think about it anymore,” 13-year veteran cornerback Johnathan Joseph said of the winning streak. “It’s almost boring to talk about because … it doesn’t really mean anything. We have to go out and play the next game whether we’re on a win streak or we lost the week before. So, it’s all good for everything other than the people in this locker room because if we buy into it too much that’s when we get smacked in the face.”Houston is allowing the third-fewest points in the NFL (19.6) Justin Reid Jersey , ranks 10th in yards allowed (341.5) and its rush defense ranks fifth by allowing just 91.3 yards rushing a game.This week the group will face a team that is averaging more than 27 points and 377 yards a game. Indianapolis scored 34 points in an overtime loss to Houston in Week 4 where Luck threw for a season-high 464 yards with four touchdowns.“He can make every throw,” defensive back Kareem Jackson said. “He can definitely buy time for guys to get open so … with him you know a play is never over. So we’ve definitely got to be (solid) in coverage and play to the whistle.” Damn."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Texans StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Texans NewsYahoo Texans Team PageYahoo Texans ReportYahoo Texans Depth ChartYahoo Texans TransactionsYahoo Texans PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕Houston Texans Injuries2019 Houston Texans OffseasonHouston Texans Injury News: Duke Ejiofor Tears Achilles, Sent To Injured ReserveNew,109commentsDamn.CDTShareTweetShareShareHouston Texans Injury News: Duke Ejiofor Tears Achilles, Sent To Injured ReserveGet well soon, Duke.Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY SportsThere I was Martinas Rankin Jersey , just minding my business, when seemingly out of nowhere, I saw this tweet.“That’s odd,” I thought.“I hadn’t read anything about Duke Ejiofor getting hurt.”Then, as he so often does, Aaron Wilson set me straight.Well Jordan Akins Jersey , then.Yikes.That would explain why the Wake Forest product who flashed as a pass rusher in his rookie season is headed to IR.Best wishes to Duke as he begins what’s sure to be an arduous rehabilitation process to return to the field.It also amplifies the need for the Texans to add players who can bring pressure off the edge.Brian Gaine’s job just got a wee bit tougher.

nach oben springen

eager to provide the answer with a group

in Gästeecke 07.09.2019 03:41
X

Auszeichnungen

des Mitglieds elaine95
Gold
Gold

BALTIMORE (AP) — A once-promising season is spiraling dangerously out of control Cheap Jonah Williams Jersey , and the Cincinnati Bengals can’t even agree on the proper path to turning themselves back into a postseason contender.There’s no doubt that the defense has to get better. Yet the offense hasn’t exactly been racking up the points without injured wide receiver A.J. Green.“That’s an individual that we need,” Bengals safety Shawn Williams said.After watching his team give up more than 500 yards in total offense in three straight games, most in the Super Bowl era, coach Marvin Lewis fired defensive coordinator Teryl Austin and took over the unit.Lewis was pleased with the baby steps the Bengals took in a 24-21 loss to Baltimore on Sunday, even though they surrendered 403 yards — including 265 on the ground — to a team led by a quarterback making his first NFL start.With four losses in five games, the Bengals (5-5) find themselves lumped with several other AFC teams on a ledge, in danger of falling out of the playoff picture.“It’s a race now, and that’s what we’re here for,” Lewis said. “It’s now a race to the finish. And we’ll be a better football team coming out of this than we were coming in. That’s what’s exciting for me.”OK, the defense allowed the Ravens to convert half their 16 third-down tries and gave up 15 first downs rushing. But the 24 points allowed compared favorably to the previous four games — 28 to Pittsburgh, 45 to Kansas City, 34 against Tampa Bay and the final insult, 51 at home against New Orleans.“It was a step forward for us on defense,” linebacker Vincent Rey insisted. “Now we have to put the pedal to the metal.”Lewis knows all about leading a defense, given that he owns a Super Bowl ring from his time as a coordinator in Baltimore. The transition from Austin to Lewis was smooth Jonah Williams Jersey Womens , even if the results weren’t ideal.“I have no complaints,” cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick said. “I got the calls, I got the checks, everything. We were playing fast, rallying to the ball.”Unfortunately, the defense didn’t get much support from the Cincinnati offense. Operating without Green, who has a toe injury, the Bengals were limited to 255 yards overall and scored only one touchdown before halftime.“We didn’t come out fast like we wanted to,” tight end C.J. Uzomah said. “Whether it was us hurting ourselves or just not executing, whatever the case may be, we just didn’t get it done offensively.”Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton engineered a 34-23 win over Baltimore earlier this season and orchestrated a comeback victory last year to knock the Ravens out of the playoff picture on the final Sunday of the season.On this day, he was a pedestrian 19 for 36 for 211 yards and two scores.“A.J., if he’d have been out there, the coverage may have been different,” Dalton said. “But I think at the end of the day Jonah Williams Cincinnati Bengals Jersey , we just got to make the plays.”Dalton sees only one way for the Bengals to turn their season around: by winning next Sunday at Cleveland, possibly one of the few teams struggling more than the Bengals.“For us, it’s all about winning the next one. … It doesn’t matter if we don’t win. We’ve got to put our focus on this week.” John Ross hasn’t panned out in his first two seasons, but hopefully Zac Taylor’s new offense can turn that around." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteCincy Junglea Cincinnati Bengals communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsLibraryBengalsOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections #BITESIZEFilm RoomRoster Transactions and ContractsOrange & Black InsiderSalary Cap And CBABengals News (5/28): John Ross confident in Zac Taylor’s offenseJohn Ross hasn’t panned out in his first two seasons, but hopefully Zac Taylor’s new offense can turn that around.EDTShareTweetShareShareBengals News (5/28): John Ross confident in Zac Taylor’s offenseCincinnati Enquirer-USA TODAY NEGerald McCoy is going ‘wherever I got to go to win’McCoy, who has or will visit with at least two teams in the AFC North and also has a reported interest in the Cincinnati Bengals, has kept it short and simple when talking publicly about his plans.Bengals news: John Ross loves Zac Taylor's offense in CincinnatiFortunately for Ross, he’ll be getting a fresh start with a new coaching staff. Zac Taylor has replaced Marvin Lewis, and Ross is getting a clean slate. Taylor is the latest whizkid coach hired in the league to be an offensive guru. Only 35, Taylor spent last season as the Los Angeles Rams’ quarterbacks’ coach.Bengals' Zac Taylor is young, but confident to do things his wayIt didn't matter that Rams assistant coach Zac Taylor was only 35 and had no head-coaching experience. Tobin said all of the members of the front office who were in the room felt the same way: Taylor was "absolutely" ready for the Bengals' head coaching job.Carl Lawson could be NFL’s next breakout pass-rushing starCincinnati Bengals fans know this well enough. Lawson was superb as a rookie on a rotational basis and perhaps even better before getting hurt as a sophomore.Around the leaguePredicting the story of the season for all 32 NFL teamsWe're addressing the latter, as we've enlisted our NFL Nation writers to pick out the top story for each team in 2019. Can the Cleveland Browns' "dream team" reverse a history full of nightmares? Can the quarterbacks from the Class of 2004 adjust to their late-career realities? There are only 101 days until the start of the season, so dive in and familiarize yourself with what's going on throughout the league.RB James Conner leading by example for Steelers"It's something that just happens," said Conner, via the team website Jonah Williams Jersey 2019 , of becoming a leader when you're a returning starter. "I just go about my business, and when I can help someone I will. If that is a leader role, it is."Vikings' Kirk Cousins already a fan of Garrett Bradbury"You have to have good people to win. If a guy is a great athlete and not a great person, eventually it is going to catch up with him," Cousins said. "As much as there may be some growing pains along the way to get to where we want to be, that's OK as long as we can have that continuity. Hopefully, Garrett will be the guy for a long time."Drew Brees: Jared Cook a good fit in Saints offenseBut what happens when you add a Cook to the mix? That's the question "Who Dat Nation" has pondered this offseason since the team signed Pro Bowl tight end Jared Cook to a two-year deal in March. With OTAs underway, the 11-year veteran is eager to provide the answer with a group known for thriving with lethal options at his position.Adam Humphries, Marcus Mariota building rapportBack in April, head coach Mike Vrabel introduced the "good to great" mantra where he challenged his players to alter their daily mindset to push themselves to the next level. Last Tuesday after OTAs, new wide receiver Adam Humphries was asked about how his chemistry with quarterback Marcus Mariota was developing, putting the spotlight directly on the former Buccaneer to see how much the lesson has stuck thus far.

nach oben springen

Danny Amendola on the Lions roste

in Gästeecke 07.09.2019 04:22
X

Auszeichnungen

des Mitglieds elaine95
Gold
Gold

Cowboys right guard Zack Martin left in the second half with a knee injury against the Eagles on Sunday.The four-time Pro Bowler has been battling a knee issue all season.Philadelphia running back Corey Clement injured his right knee when he was stopped for a 4-yard loss late in the first quarter and didn’t return to the overtime loss. Eagles defensive end Josh Sweat left in the first half with an ankle injury and didn’t return.Buffalo was down to third-string running back Marcus Murphy after LeSean McCoy was sidelined by a hamstring injury in the first quarter and Chris Ivory hurt his ankle in the third quarter of the loss to the Jets.Starting linebacker Matt Milano was carted off the field after getting his leg tangled while stopping Jets rookie quarterback Sam Darnold at the goal line.Detroit was hit hard by injuries in its win over Arizona. In the span of three plays Womens Damon Harrison Jersey , the Lions lost defensive ends Ezekiel Ansah (knee) and Da’Shawn Hand (shoulder).Later in the half, right tackle Rick Wagner left with a concussion. The team also lost fullback Nick Bellore (ankle), wide receiver Bruce Ellington (hamstring), cornerback Marcus Cooper (back) and safety Charles Washington (hamstring).Broncos cornerback Isaac Yiadom suffered a shoulder injury in the loss at San Francisco. Wideout Courtland Sutton nursed a thigh injury.49ers cornerback Ahkello Witherspoon returned after landing hard on his left ankle late in the game when he went down defending a pass on the sideline.Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill had X-rays of his right ankle after the win over the Patriots. He acknowledged it didn’t feel good after the game. “I rolled it pretty good,” he said. “Got X-rays and buttoned it up tight.”Redskins tight end Jordan Reed injured his right foot in the first quarter and did not return in the loss to the Giants. Rookie linebacker Shaun Dion Hamilton left with a shoulder injury.Texans receiver and kick returner Deandre Carter left in the first quarter against Indianapolis and was later ruled out with a concussion.Colts right guard Mark Glowinski was carted to the locker room in the second quarter with an ankle injury. Getting to know the Lions new receiver" />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhitePride Of Detroita Detroit Lions communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsLibraryLionsOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Detroit Lions NewsDetroit Lions NotesDetroit Lions AnalysisDetroit Lions TransactionsDetroit Lions Game RecapsFiled under:NFL Draft5 QuestionsDetroit Lions Analysis4 questions: Get to know Lions 6th-round pick WR Travis Fulgham New,15commentsGetting to know the Lions new receiver EDTShareTweetShareShare4 questions: Get to know Lions 6th-round pick WR Travis Fulgham Photo by Michael Shroyer/Getty ImagesEarly on in the offseason I put out a piece about how the Lions desperately needed a receiver and how it should be one of the Lions biggest needs during the offseason. In some ways the Lions went out and took care of that need. They signed Danny Amendola and then drafted tight end T.J. Hockenson Womens Sam Martin Jersey , who undoubtedly be a factor in the passing game. Still, I had hopes the Lions would draft D.K. Metcalf after he slipped out of the first round or South Carolina’s Deebo Samuel. Instead the Lions waited until the sixth round to take Old Dominion’s Travis Fulgham. At 6-foot-2, 215 pounds, Fulgham is another big body receiver that the Lions always seem to find themselves with. I’m not sure what role he can fill here outside of red zone. That’s if he sees the field much at all early in his career. At the moment he’s buried behind Amendola, Kenny Golladay, Marvin Jones and possibly even Tommylee Lewis. With his role unknown at this time http://www.lionslockerroom.com/authentic-teez-tabor-jersey , we should take some time to get to get to know Fulgham, and maybe we can begin to see what he could be. We reached out to Ed Miller of the Virginian-Pilot to see what he saw in Fulgham during his time at Old Dominion. Here’s what he had to say. POD: What are your overall thoughts on Fulgham’s time at Old Dominion?TVP: “Fulgham was a late bloomer who came to ODU as a walk-on. As the son of parents who worked overseas, he grew up around the world and didn’t really play football seriously until his junior year of high school. As you might expect, it took him a while to adapt to the college game. He’d always shown flashes of potential but could be inconsistent and had a tendency to disappear before putting it all together last season. It was kind of a perfect storm as ODU had a QB who excelled at throwing “fade” routes that played to the size and strength of Fulgham and his running mate, Jonathan Duhart, another rangy Womens Taylor Decker Jersey , physical receiver who was signed by Detroit as an UDFA.”POD: What are his strengths?TVP: “He’s long and rangy, is a good leaper and has excellent body control. He runs tight routes, has good hands and has learned to shield defenders with that big frame. He’ll go up and get the ball and can make the occasional spectacular catch. He’s cerebral and a high-character guy.”POD: What are his weaknesses?TVP: “He’s not a burner. He ran in the 4.6 range and doesn’t always get great separation. Doesn’t get a lot of yards after catch. Will be curious to see how he fares against NFL corners, as he played at G5 level.” POD: With Marvin Jones, Kenny Golladay and Danny Amendola on the Lions roster, how does Fulgham stand out? What kind of an impact can he make in the NFL?TVP: “I can’t say I’m familiar with the Lions receiving corps. I think he’s got a chance to make the team Taylor Decker Jersey White , but will probably have to bring added value on special teams. He’s still a little raw but is a smart player who responds well to coaching and seemed to get mentally tougher and more resilient as his career progressed.”

nach oben springen

intended for Kelvin Benjamin. Clinton-Dix

in Gästeecke 07.09.2019 05:14
X

Auszeichnungen

des Mitglieds elaine95
Gold
Gold

The two highest-profile defensive coaches in the state of Wisconsin play prominent roles in a book about the turbulent 2011 season for the New York Jets."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections The APC PodcastPackers Film RoomFantasy Football AdviceCSTShareTweetShareShare“Collision Low Crossers” provides insight into DCs Mike Pettine and Jim LeonhardJim Matthews-USA TODAY SportsWay back in 2011 Za’Darius Smith Jersey , current Green Bay Packers’ defensive coordinator Mike Pettine was the defensive coordinator for the New York Jets under Rex Ryan. 2011 was a turbulent season for New York as, following up a near-Super Bowl run in 2010, things fell apart completely. That season is captured wonderfully by Nicholas Dawidoff in his 2013 book, “Collision Low Crossers,” in which Dawidoff was given unprecedented access to the Jets’ coaching staff and players for the entire 2011 season. For a fan of Wisconsin sports, the book turns out to be an extremely interesting read as two of the main characters of the story are Pettine and current Wisconsin Badgers’ defensive coordinator Jim Leonhard, then a safety for the Jets.Every member of the coaching staff is viewed as a workaholic, and no one more than Pettine, who is portrayed as a 23-hour-a-day film rat, but the contrast between Pettine and Ryan is stark. Ryan is presented as defensive savant, who only needs to study the tape once to see what others still can’t see after five or six rewatches. Pettine, on the other hand, is a paragon of detail-oriented preparation, someone who broke into the league as an underpaid technology-forward tape watcher for the Ravens (while secretly cashing out his 401K in order to hide a substantial pay cut from his then-wife), but who doesn’t see the game at the same level as Ryan. Ryan is Mozart, Pettine is Salieri. While they work well together if Ryan is leading the way, Ryan can’t help but criticize and interfere when Pettine is given more power.Ryan and Pettine spend much of the book bouncing ideas off of each other, often forgetting whose idea it was in the first place. However, it’s an uneasy relationship, with Ryan giving Pettine more and more responsibility, only to quickly grab it back when he disagrees with something he sees. Everyone in the locker room that year loved Ryan Billy Turner Jersey , but not so with Pettine. As a defensive coordinator’s defensive coordinator, he played the role of bad cop to Ryan’s jovial good cop while taking much of the blame (sometimes deservedly) when things went wrong. Pettine wasn’t exactly Ryan’s fall-guy, but it’s unsurprising that the gang split up after the season.Working for guys like Ryan can be difficult. They see and understand things at such a high level compared to almost everyone else, that it’s actually difficult to learn much of use from them. Bill Belichick, who is also discussed at length, is similar in that he primarily needs coaches to execute his vision, not necessarily to bring additional ideas to the table. It is, I believe, the chief reason so many of his assistants fail when they leave the Patriots. There is a lot to like about Pettine, as his pro-technology, meticulous nature, and old-school work ethic likely make him an effective, process-oriented coach. That said, I suspect he excels at the tactics of coaching more than the strategy, and some of his defense’s numbers on early downs vs. late downs bears that out. The Packers, while well-prepared on 3rd and long, were eaten alive on first and second down.Likewise, the book makes clear that Ryan really isn’t a great fit as a head-coach. He is too willing to delegate on offense and completely unable to delegate on defense, leading to a lack of overall chemistry and a volatile relationship on both sides of the ball. I’m sure it’s commonplace on NFL teams for offensive and defensive players to have uneasy relationships, but in this instance, Ryan’s lack of offensive direction compounded the problem. I doubt there is a universe where a Mark Sanchez-led offense succeeds Adrian Amos Jersey , but there probably is one where the the Jets’ offense doesn’t repeatedly beat itself, allowing the defense to secure more wins.Everything came to a head for these 2011 Jets in a late-season game against the Giants that saw Sanchez throw the ball 59 times despite being in a close game. With Pettine calling the defense, and Jim Leonhard missing his second game of the season, the Jets’ defense allowed an unusual number of big plays, including a 99-yard touchdown to Victor Cruz. It was the nail in the coffin for the pairing.It’s possible that Pettine will yet succeed, but the book made me long for Ryan as the superior defensive mind. If I were looking for someone to combat the new, innovative offensive minds in the game, it wouldn’t be Pettine, who needs to process a lot of information before cranking out alternative plans. Jim LeonhardPerhaps the biggest surprise of Collision Low Crossers is the juxtaposition of the all-world Darrelle Revis, perhaps the finest corner to ever play the game, with the supremely talented but deeply flawed Antonio Cromartie and the less-talented but hugely important safety Jim Leonhard. Leonhard is the current defensive coordinator for the University of Wisconsin, where he also starred as a ball-hawking safety. In the book, Leonhard is portrayed as a coach-on-the-field, responsible for making the calls for one of the NFL’s best defense while relying on his football intelligence to allow him to compete with faster, stronger players. When Leonhard is lost for the season to a knee injury for the second year in a row, the defense goes to pieces for the second year in a row, as no one behind Leonhard is capable of implementing the defensive calls as well or as quickly. In fact, when the coaching staff and front office are seeking his replacement, they don’t focus on forty times or agility drills, but on Wonderlic scores (eventually settling on journeyman safety Gerald Alexander and his solid, if unspectacular 25). Leonhard also comes across as a superb locker room presence Tramon Williams Jersey , able to laugh at himself in the way confident people can without actually sacrificing any charisma, while diffusing petty squabbles. Everyone on the team seems to respect Leonhard, and he comes across as one of the few people outside or Ryan who really seems to understand the Ryan defense at a deep level. It’s no surprise that Leonhard is a rising star as a college football coach, and if he isn’t a high-level head coach in the next several year, I’ll be shocked. I actually found myself preferring Leonhard to Pettine as a coaching candidate once I was finished reading. “Collision Low Crossers” is fundamentally a book about the Jets, but for any Packers or Badgers fan wondering about their team’s defensive coordinator, you won’t find a more in-depth profile. It’s a pretty breezy read, and it offers plenty of insight into the inner workings of a football team including a few fascinating one-off facts. For instance, the Jets did not value wide receivers in the draft because “they only touch the ball a handful of times per game,” which explains a lot about their offense. They also didn’t trust Penn State pro-day times because the PSU facility sloped noticeably downward, and running drills were all downhill as a result. It’s well worth your time, especially if you happen to be interested in the direction of the defenses for the two highest-profile football teams in the state of Wisconsin. The Green Bay Packers defeated the Buffalo Bills 22-0 on Sunday, and they did so thanks to a dominating performance from beginning to end by their defense. It was a mix of both the expected contributors and a couple of surprising names who made the big plays in this game, however, and today we give out a game ball to a player who has been much-maligned by Packers fans over the last two-plus seasons.On offense, it was a bit of a struggle for Aaron Rodgers and company. The Packers’ quarterback completed just over half of his passes and although there were a few drops, he was inconsistent with his accuracy. Rodgers’ overall line was 22-for-40 for 298 yards, one touchdown, and one interception, which was tipped twice by linebacker Tremaine Edmunds and tight end Jimmy Graham.Instead, it was the Packers’ running game that was particularly effective DeShone Kizer Jersey , as the team posted 141 total rushing yards. That’s where we’ll start with today’s game balls.RB Aaron JonesOnce again, the second-year back showed that he is absolutely the Packers’ best, most explosive runner. We’ll need to check the snap counts tomorrow to see how the total workload broke down between him, Jamaal Williams, and Ty Montgomery, but one can easily make an argument that Jones continues to be under-utilized.He played the third series of the game after Williams and Montgomery got the first and second, respectively, then got the fourth, but seemed to be an afterthought for stretches in the third quarter. However, he more than doubled up Williams’ rushing yardage despite having the same number of carries — Jones had 11 carries for 65 yards and a touchdown, while Williams picked up just 27 yards on his 11 carries.Jones had 50 total yards on his first series alone, including 30 on his first carry of the game. It continues to astound that McCarthy isn’t giving him more touches at this point, especially with the game well in hand in the fourth quarter.LT David BakhtiariBills defensive end Jerry Hughes recorded an absurd 15 quarterback pressures last week against the Minnesota Vikings, particularly left tackle Riley Reiff. He may have only brought Kirk Cousins down for one sack, but he made Cousins’ life a living hell for three hours.This week, David Bakhtiari largely kept him in check. Hughes had no sacks in the game and although he had three tackles for loss in the run game, Bakhtiari did what he is paid the big bucks to do: keep elite pass rushers from getting to Aaron Rodgers. He did that, and we’ll want to see the pressure numbers to be sure, but the Bills’ overall lack of pass rush was a big reason for the Packers’ solid passing success in the first half of the game. It all starts with Bakh.OLB Kyler FackrellWe would be remiss if Fackrell were not included in this post today. Not only did he have a whopping three sacks of Josh Allen, but he also helped to bring down the Bills’ quarterback twice on scrambles up the middle. While one sack was probably of the lucky variety, his other two were excellent plays Jimmy Graham Jersey , including a great speed rush around right tackle Jordan Mills late in the game.All told, he finished with four total tackles (he wasn’t credited with a tackle on one of the two scrambles), and he put together arguably his finest performance as a pro.DTs Kenny Clark/Mike DanielsIt’s almost silly to separate these two players, as much of their success builds off of each other. Once again, Clark and Daniels were active all game long, helping to collapse the pocket regularly and allowing the Packers’ linebackers to clean up Allen. In addition, Clark helped track down Allen on one scramble, forcing and recovering a fumble for the Packers’ third turnover of the game.With Muhammad Wilkerson injured and out for the year, the Packers need these two (along with Dean Lowry) to step up, and the two big names definitely held up their end of the bargain today.Honorable Mention: S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix & Mason CrosbyWe have criticized Clinton-Dix here at APC much of this season for his tentative play, but he made one of the best plays of his career in this game. Diagnosing a throw from Josh Allen quickly, he broke to the sideline to attack a pass intended for Kelvin Benjamin. Clinton-Dix caught the football, laying a big incidental hit on Benjamin in the process.Beyond that, Clinton-Dix was solid on the back end, with no glaring missed tackles or bad angles to speak of. He finished with four solo tackles and that interception, and play of that caliber will be very helpful for the Packers moving forward.As for Crosby, he hit all three of his field goal attempts, including a pair from 52 yards out. He only gets an honorable mention, however, because of a point-after attempt that hit the right upright after the Packers’ opening touchdown.

nach oben springen

sees shades of his old struggles

in Gästeecke 07.09.2019 07:42
X

Auszeichnungen

des Mitglieds elaine95
Gold
Gold

I won’t take long on this section Alfred Blue Jersey , mostly because I know you want to read the main part of this week’s Hair of the Dog, but mostly because it’s late and I want to go to bed.But despite the aggravation we as Texans fans go through on a weekly basis, and despite the anger and deep frustration that is shown below, it’s important for us all to remember that there are bigger things in life than football.Yeah, I said it.In the last month or so, nobody has learned that lesson quite like I have.I won’t bore you with details, but suffice it to say, for the last three games or so, I’ve had a voice in the back of my head reminding me, with some success, that all of this, the footsballs and sporps we all love, it’s all just a game and ultimately, it’s not worth getting all that worked up about.It’s all just a game.That said, if you haven’t seen much of your family lately, do so.Call your mother, your father, siblings, friends, nieces, nephews, whatever.Call them now.Because you never know when or if you might get another chance.Just remember there are bigger things going on in the world around you.Much bigger things.Call them.Or whatever.I’m not good at this mushy crap.Anyway, let’s get to The Dog.As always Womens Trevor Daniel Jersey , in finest Hair of the Dog tradition, all swear words have been replaced with the word [kitten] to make this safe to read at work.You don’t want to see what we’re REALLY saying, it might cause your computer’s screen to melt.Pre-Game ThoughtsCapt RonWestonBrettBFDMDCUTBFDWestonUTFirst Quarter(Bortles fumbles the ball on the third play of the game.Texans recover.)JeremyUTWestonBrettUT(Watson gets sacked to take the Texans out of the red zone.Fairbairn kicks field goal.Texans lead 3-0.)UTJeremyWestonBFDUTWestonUTJeremy(Hopkins with an amazing one-handed catch.)UTKenneth L.(Texans kick another field goal, lead 6-0.)JeremyKenneth L.UTJeremyUTWeston(Stock footage after coming back from commercial.)Weston[Kitten] yeah pumpkin stock footageUTJeremySecond QuarterWestonKenneth L.UT (to Jeremy)WestonUTJeremyUTJeremyUTWestonJeremyUTLukeUT(Watson throws into double coverage in the end zone...again.Does not get intercepted.)LukeUT(Lamar Miller with a touchdown run.Texans lead 13-0.)WestonJeremyUTKenneth L.LukeUT (to Luke)WestonLukeUTWestonUTLukeHalftime ReactionsUTLukeBFDWestonThird QuarterUTWestonKenneth L.Jeremy(Bortles fumbles the ball.Texans recover in the red zone.)UTJeremyWeston(Watson throws to Hopkins for the touchdown.Texans lead 20-0.)UTBrettJeremy(Jaguars bench Blake Bortles.)UTMDCWeston(Jags offense immediately “improves” with Bortles benching.)UTWeston(Jags score a passing touchdown, you read that right.Called an illegal forward pass, challenged by Jacksonville, call overturned and touchdown counts.Texans lead 20-7.)UTBFD (before the ruling.)UTBFDUT (to BFD)Weston (to BFD)MDC (to BFD)Fourth QuarterUTMDC(Jags are moving down the field.)UTWeston(Tyrann Mathieu picks off Cody Kessler.)UT (to Weston)MDC (to UT)WestonMDC (to Weston)UT (to MDC)WestonUT(Texans get a turnover on downs.Jags are unable to stop the clock.Texans win 20-7.)Post-Game ReactionsWestonGame BallsBy Durga, let’s give out some game balls!Offense - This week, in a stunning turn of events, we’ll give one to Lamar Miller who actually broke 100 yards for the first time since December of 2016.No, that is not a typo.Defense - Jadeveon Clowney got a couple of sacks and a fumble recovery so let’s give one to him.Special Teams - Gasp!It’s not Ka’imi Fairbairn this time!No, this week’s special teams game ball goes to Trevor Daniel for outstanding punting when needed of him.Got an opinion about this week’s game balls?Want to argue with us about our hot taeks during the game?Well, friend, that’s what the comments section is for.Go to it.And call your mother. Marlin Briscoe didn't want to be pigeonholed simply because of stereotypes against black men. He was a star quarterback in college, and he believed he had the talent, intelligence and leadership skills to be one in the pros.Fifty years ago, during an era of massive social upheaval in the United States, just getting a chance to prove it took a risky ultimatum.Briscoe refused to switch positions after being drafted as a cornerback by the Denver Broncos, telling his team that he'd return home to become a teacher if he couldn't get a tryout at quarterback. Denver agreed to an audition, and that season the 5-foot-10 dynamo nicknamed "The Magician" became the first black quarterback to start a game in the American Football League."It's just so many different historic things that happened in the year 1968, it was unfathomable," Briscoe, now 73 Jose Altuve Jersey White , told The Associated Press. "It just seemed poetic justice, so to speak, that the color barrier be broken that year at that position. For some reason, I was ordained to be the litmus test for that. I think I did a good job."Briscoe's groundbreaking accomplishments were somewhat lost in the shuffle during one of the most transformative years in U.S. history. Civil rights activist Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy were assassinated in 1968. Civil rights riots broke out across the country and there were numerous protests of the Vietnam War. And less than two weeks after Briscoe's first start, U.S. track and field stars Tommie Smith and John Carlos raised black-gloved fists on the medal stand at the Olympics to protest America's social injustices.But Briscoe's legacy resonates among his contemporaries 50 years later, hitting on race as well as the pressures athletes face in pro sports. The Pro Football Hall of Fame calls Briscoe the first African-American starting quarterback in modern pro football history. Carolina's Cam Newton and Seattle's Russell Wilson have both considered Briscoe's past as they contend for championships. Doug Williams, the first black quarterback to win a Super Bowl, counts Briscoe as one of his most important inspirational figures."I know the little bit that I had to go through, so I can imagine what he had to go through," said Williams, who won the 1988 Super Bowl with Washington. "People were a little more accepted when I came through than when he came through."GETTING ON THE FIELDThough Briscoe starred at Omaha University and eventually landed in the College Football Hall of Fame, he was drafted By Denver as a cornerback in the 14th round. Briscoe started last among eight quarterbacks during his tryout.Helped by injuries and erratic play, Briscoe eventually stepped in for the Broncos as a reserve on Sept. 29, 1968, and nearly led a comeback against the Boston Patriots. He earned the next start against the Cincinnati Bengals, making him the first black quarterback to start a game in the AFL.Briscoe started five games that season and was runner-up for AFL rookie of the year, attracting strong crowds and energizing a franchise that had yet to establish a winning tradition.Despite his breakout season 鈥?he passed for 1,589 yards and 14 touchdowns and ran for 308 yards and three scores 鈥?Denver didn't give him a chance to compete for the quarterback job in 1969. He said he was never given a reason why, so he asked to be released. He headed briefly to British Columbia, but decided Canadian football wasn't for him. He returned to the United States and was picked up for the 1969 season by Buffalo, where he played receiver. He was a Pro Bowl receiver with the Bills in 1970 and won two Super Bowls as a receiver with the Miami Dolphins Womens Braxton Miller Jersey , but he never played quarterback again."The more I've known him and been around him and talked to him, you've got to give him respect for what he did during that time and what happened to him after that time," Williams said. "That's the part that gets me. But that's the time he was in."PAYING IT FORWARDAs a senior at Grambling, James Harris kept up with Briscoe's 1968 season by going to the library to look up his statistics.As fate would have it, Buffalo drafted Harris as a quarterback in 1969, putting him on the same team as Briscoe. It was Harris who became the AFL's first black quarterback to open the season as a starter, and he said his roommate Briscoe was a critical mentor."We used to talk a lot about the dos and don'ts and things that he had been through. He was telling me the things I needed to be prepared for," Harris said. "I felt that Marlin was the only person on the team that understood what I was going through."That included death threats, Briscoe said. "We had the race card on our careers because we were the first," he said.Harris blossomed at QB. In 1974, he played for the Los Angeles Rams and became the first black quarterback to win an NFL playoff game. He also was Pro Bowl MVP that year.Briscoe said more work needs to be done both in the league and society. He has noticed that Colin Kaepernick has not been given a contract since his decision to kneel during "The Star Spangled Banner" to protest racial and social inequality. He believes President Donald Trump, an outspoken critic of Kaepernick, also bears some responsibility for some fans making racial comments toward black players, like a Texas superintendent who resigned last week after criticizing Houston Texans QB Deshaun Watson by saying black QBs can't be trusted.After all these years, Briscoe still sees shades of his old struggles."I grew up in the '50s and the '60s, when all that stuff was rampant, but you knew where you stood," Briscoe said. "Today, you thought that all those attitudes were non-existent or filtered away to some degree, but with the Trump-isms, his philosophy has brought out of the woodwork that old-time thought process. That's scary. It really is. It's a scary situation."Follow Cliff Brunt on Twitter: CliffBruntAP

nach oben springen

but he has gotten rid of the walking boot he was u

in Gästeecke 09.09.2019 03:47
X

Auszeichnungen

des Mitglieds elaine95
Gold
Gold

The Bengals surprised everyone with an early selection of a tight end. However Kevin Huber Jersey White , the pick makes a lot of sense once you examine it."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections #BITESIZEFilm RoomRoster Transactions and ContractsOrange & Black InsiderSalary Cap And CBABreaking down the Bengals’ selection of Drew SampleNew,61commentsThe Bengals surprised everyone with an early selection of a tight end. However, the pick makes a lot of sense once you examine it. EDTShareTweetShareShareBreaking down the Bengals’ selection of Drew SampleIn some ways, folks expected the Bengals to trade back from their No. 42 spot in the second round. Many solid players were left on the board as their time approached, but some were plucked in picks right before theirs, so Zac Taylor and Co. decided to trade back and gain both a fourth-round and sixth-round selection. Cincinnati went with the big and athletic tight end, Drew Sample from the University of Washington. At 6’5” and 255 pounds, Sample should provide a great red zone weapon for Andy Dalton. What he brings to the BengalsSize: As mentioned above, Sample has good size for the position in the NFL. Dalton’s strengths are in the short and intermediate passing game. It’s a big reason as to why Tyler Eifert has had some big numbers with Dalton http://www.thebengalslockerroom.com/authentic-preston-brown-jersey , when healthy. The Rams didn’t overly-use tight ends in their offensive system with Taylor, but they were part of the massive production. With Pittsburgh and Cleveland grabbing talented defenders in the early rounds, a big target in the passing game should negate some of those matchup issues. Upside: After the Bengals made the pick of Sample, NFL Network’s Daniel Jeremiah said that teams liked Sample more than what his production would indicate. Sample had just three touchdowns last year, but a lot of folks think his best football is in front of him. Cincinnati re-signed both Eifert and C.J. Uzomah to varying deals this offseason, but there are questions with both players. Sample is in the fold for the next four years, surpassing both of the deals by those veterans. Why the Bengals picked SampleRed zone effectiveness: Cincinnati’s offense needs to score more touchdowns, despite who is under center. When Eifert, Tyler Kroft and A.J. Green were injured last year Womens Vontaze Burfict Jersey , Cincinnati only had Uzomah as a big target in those critical short-yardage situations. Sample is huge, has a nice catch radius and most compare him to Jack Doyle. If Cincinnati gets that kind of production from him out of the second round, while still being able to spread the ball around to other weapons, they will be happy. Third downs: Given the massive amount of struggles by the Bengals’ defense last year, one would be inclined to think that the Bengals would have gone with defensive line or linebacker in the second round. However, part of the reason why Cincinnati’s defense struggled, aside from poor coaching and injuries, is the ineffectiveness of the 2018 offense. On many occasions, the Bengals’ offense forced the defense right back on the field after a stop because of ineffectiveness. Methodically moving the chains via big targets like Sample begins to balance the scales without even taking a defensive player. Uncertainty at the position group: Uzomah and Eifert are athletic and have had moments of greatness Jordan Willis Jersey , but both have suffered injuries. And, when they’ve missed time, the entire team has felt the impact. While you don’t want to use a second-round pick on a third rotational option, it seems as if the Bengals have a solid plan for Sample. He is versatile and could even be used as a potential H-Back and nice outlet. Blocking: Even though the tight end position has evolved in recent years, blocking off of the edge is still at a premium. Sample is known as one of the best blockers in this year’s class. Now that he can actually talk about being the coach of the Bengals, Zac Taylor can get to know his best player.And for A.J. Green, the promise of some new spark on offense matches his excitement to be well.Green told Geoff Hobson of the team’s official website he hadn’t met Taylor as of this morning, but couldn’t wait to.“I’ve heard great things,” Green said. “The way they run the ball sets up the pass game. I love it. I love the play-action. It’s fun to get back in that kind of offense. I loved playing for Jay [Gruden Womens Vincent Rey Jersey , the Bengals coordinator his first three years]. I had my best years with Jay.”Injuries kept Green’s numbers to career lows last year, but he has gotten rid of the walking boot he was using for protection after toe surgery in December. He said he consulted with other players who have rehabbed similar injuries (including Julio Jones, Antonio Gates, and Brandon Marshall) and feels good about his prospects.“[Gates] told me it takes time,” he said. “Four to five months to get range of motion. He had it in 2008 and no problems. (Marshall) said it’s a long process just because it’s a toe with a bunch of little things, but he’s been fine.”Getting Green back online will also help Taylor make a good first impression, as he tries to invigorate an offense that has a solid stable of skill-position talent.

nach oben springen

Mack - Running Back, Indianapolis Co

in Gästeecke 09.09.2019 04:34
X

Auszeichnungen

des Mitglieds elaine95
Gold
Gold

DETROIT (AP) 鈥?Ndamukong Suh is looking forward to facing the Detroit Lions for the first time Amani Oruwariye Jersey 2019 , giving him a chance to visit with friends and to dine at some new restaurants they have told him about."I love the city of Detroit," said Suh, who spent the first five years of his career with the Lions. "I spend my time in the offseason there. Got great people that I communicate with and see. Great business town. There's a lot of people that I consider mentors that are there."While Suh was quick to share his genuine affection for the Motor City, he chuckled when asked for his feelings about the franchise."I'll refrain from my comments about the organization," he said.Detroit drafted Suh second overall eight years ago and gave him a $68 million deal with $40 million guaranteed , hoping he would lead the defense while Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson starred on offense.Suh was the only rookie to earn All-Pro honors in 2010 and he was an All-Pro two more times with the Lions. He helped Detroit end an 11-year postseason drought in 2011 and reach the playoffs again in 2014.Miami, though, was willing to give Suh much more than the Lions were in 2015. The Dolphins signed him to a six-year, $114 million deal with $60 million guaranteed, making him the highest-paid defensive player in NFL history at the time.Suh's stay in Miami didn't last long. He was cut earlier this year with three years left on his contract, freeing him up to sign a $14 million, one-year deal with the Rams to play alongside star defensive tackle Aaron Donald.Suh has fit in well, playing inside and on the edge for defensive coordinator Wade Philips."I pride myself on being able to play any position on the defensive line," said Suh, who has 34 tackles and 3陆 sacks. "And, if I need to go play linebacker, I'm happy to do so. We're winning games, so that's most important to me." The 31-year-old Suh has not won a division title, but that can change as soon as Sunday.Los Angeles (10-1) can clinch the NFC West championship with a win over the slumping Lions (4-7) at Ford Field.Here's some things to watch:NEVER SATISFIEDWhile Suh enjoys his homecoming of sorts, Donald will remind the Lions what they're missing. Detroit drafted tight end Eric Ebron No. 10 overall in 2014, passing on a chance to take Donald. The Rams selected Donald No. 13 overall and he has become one of the league's best players. Donald has a NFL- and career-high 14陆 sacks, surpassing the 11 he had last season when he was the Associated Press Defensive Player of the Year."The best part about Aaron is the first thing he'll say is that he can always improve," Rams coach Sean McVay said.RUN AROUNDDetroit's defense has had a dramatic turnaround against the run, becoming the league's only team to hold three straight opponents to fewer than 60 yards rushing this season.After ranking last in rushing defense earlier this year, the Lions are No. 14 and Damon "Snacks" Harrison seems to have a lot to do with the turnaround. Detroit acquired Harrison from the New York Giants for a fifth-round pick."The problem is that as the season goes on, it becomes more and more difficult to stop the run," Lions coach Matt Patricia said."We obviously have another huge problem this week with the run game with the Rams. Todd Gurley is one of the best backs in the league."READY TO ROLLGurley has 1,043 yards rushing Amani Oruwariye Jersey Womens , trailing only Dallas' Ezekiel Elliott. He had a touchdown in 13 consecutive games, setting a franchise record, before not scoring Nov. 19 during the Rams' 54-51 win over Kansas City. He is expected to be healthy after having a minor ankle injury early against the Chiefs. SAY WHAT?Lions receiver Bruce Ellington gave a startling answer when asked if his hamstring was healthy."I don't know if it's fully recovered because they removed it," he said. "I don't have it anymore."Ellington had a severe injury that kept him out for all of 2016 and limited him earlier this season in Houston. Ellington said he had one of his hamstring muscles removed two years ago, following a procedure recommended by former Texans receiver Andre Johnson ."They say if you keep it, it's going to keep scarring up," Ellington recalled doctors telling him.The 5-foot-9 Ellington said he's explosive enough to dunk a basketball and to do his job with the Lions, who signed him after they traded Golden Tate to Philadelphia. He has ended up playing an even larger role because Marvin Jones is on injured reserve. Ellington has matched his career high with six catches in each of his two games in Detroit.HELP ON THE WAYDetroit is preparing to play against veteran cornerback Aqib Talib , who has been out since Week 3 with an ankle injury."They have great players on the defense, and are getting another great player back this week," Patricia said. Another NFL regular season came to a close last week, and this year the league was as good as ever. We saw some of the greatest offenses of all time with the Kansas City Chiefs and New Orleans Saints, while teams like the Baltimore Ravens and Chicago Bears channeled their previous iterations to summon incredible defenses. It was a season that saw young stars emerge at every position. Veteran got in on the action as well, with some longtime stars in the league reaching peaks we never thought could be reached. Members of the Pride of Detroit staff submitted ballot’s last week to name the best of the best and honor the players who truly stood out this season. Here are the results of the first ever official POD end of season awards:NFL Most Valuable PlayerDerick E. Hingle-USA TODAY SportsDrew Brees - Quarterback, New Orleans Saints (49 votes - 5 first place votes)Patrick Mahomes - Quarterback, Kansas City Chiefs (46-6)Aaron Donald - Defensive Tackle, Los Angeles Rams (23-1)Philip Rivers - Quarterback, Los Angeles Chargers (19)Russell Wilson - Quarterback, Seattle Seahawks (11)Also receiving votes: Khalil Mack (6), Todd Gurley (5), Lamar Jackson (3), Andrew Luck (3), JJ Watt (2), Deshaun Watson (2), Ben Roethlisberger (1), Chris Jones (1)NFL Offensive Player of the YearSteven Bisig-USA TODAY SportsPatrick Mahomes - Quarterback, Kansas City Chiefs (46-6)Todd Gurley - Running Back, Los Angeles Rams (32-3)Drew Brees - Quarterback Youth Amani Oruwariye Jersey , New Orleans Saints (29-3)Ezekiel Elliott - Running Back, Dallas Cowboys (9)Christian McCaffrey - Running Back, Carolina Panthers (8)Also receiving votes: Russell Wilson (6), DeAndre Hopkins (6), Lamar Jackson (4), Julio Jones (3), Zach Ertz (3), Amari Cooper (2), Juju Smith-Schuster (2), Michael Thomas (2), Deshaun Watson (1), Antonio Brown (1), Baker Mayfield (1), Saquon Barkley (1)NFL Defensive Player of the YearMark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY SportsAaron Donald - Defensive Tackle, Los Angeles Rams (57-11)Khalil Mack - Linebacker, Chicago Bears (40)JJ Watt - Defensive End, Houston Texans (15)Luke Kuechly - Linebacker, Carolina Panthers (10)Chris Jones - Defensive Tackle, Kansas City Chiefs (8-1)Also receiving votes: Bobby Wagner (6), Kyle Fuller (6), Eddie Jackson (5), Damon Harrison (4), Fletcher Cox (4), Danielle Hunter (3), Darius Leonard (3), Leighton Vander Esch (2), Myles Garrett (1), Derwin James (1) White Amani Oruwariye Jersey , Stephon Gilmore (1)NFL Offensive Rookie of the YearNorthJersey.com-USA TODAY NETWORSaquon Barkley - Running Back, New York Giants (57-6)Baker Mayfield - Quarterback, Cleveland Browns (45-5)Nick Chubb - Running Back, Cleveland Browns (26)Lamar Jackson - Quarterback, Baltimore Ravens (19-1)Philip Lindsay - Running Back, Denver Broncos (9)Also receiving votes: Calvin Ridley (7), Quenton Nelson (7), Kerryon Johnson (4), Josh Allen (1)NFL Defensive Rookie of the YearKirby Lee-USA TODAY SportsDerwin James - Safety, Los Angeles Chargers (38-7)Darius Leonard - Linebacker, Indianapolis Colts (36-3)Leighton Vander Esch - Linebacker, Dallas Cowboys (27-1)Bradley Chubb - Linebacker, Denver Broncos (17)Denzel Ward - Cornerback, Cleveland Browns (16)Also receiving votes: Da’Shawn Hand (10-1), Roquan Smith (4), Tremaine Edmunds (1), Mo Hurst (1), Jaire Alexander (1)NFL Coach of the YearDenny Medley-USA TODAY SportsAndy Reid - Kansas City Chiefs (16-4)Frank Reich - Indianapolis Colts (11-3)Sean McVay - Los Angeles Rams (10-1)Sean Payton - New Orleans Saints (7-2)Matt Nagy - Chicago Bears (7)Also receiving votes: Anthony Lynn (5-1),Pete Carroll (4), John Harbaugh (3-1), Mike Vrabel (2), Bill Belichick (1)Most Underrated PlayerMark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY SportsDamon Harrison - Defensive Tackle, Detroit LionsChris Jones - Defensive Tackle, Kansas City ChiefsMarlon Mack - Running Back, Indianapolis ColtsMost Overrated PlayerMatthew Emmons-USA TODAY SportsCarson Wentz - Quarterback, Philadelphia EaglesBen Roethlisberger - Quarterback, Pittsburgh SteelersGame of the YearKirby Lee-USA TODAY SportsKansas City Chiefs vs Los Angeles Rams (Week 11) (35-11)Los Angeles Rams vs New Orleans Saints (Week 9) (7-1)New England Patriots vs Detroit Lions (Week 3) (3)Chicago Bears vs Green Bay Packers (Week 1) (3)

nach oben springen

mean we definitely need some momen

in Gästeecke 09.09.2019 05:24
X

Auszeichnungen

des Mitglieds elaine95
Gold
Gold

Green Bay got their first injury of the game midway through the first quarter." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesAcme Packing Company homepageHorizontal - WhiteAcme Packing Companya Green Bay Packers communityFollow Acme Packing Company online:Follow Acme Packing Company on TwitterFollow Acme Packing Company on FacebookFollow Acme Packing Company on InstagramLog in or sign upLog InSign UpSite searchSearchSearchAcme Packing Company main menuFanpostsFanshotsSectionsPackersOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 321 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections The APC PodcastPackers Film RoomFantasy Football AdviceCDTIt only took a few minutes of game time for the Green Bay Packers to suffer their first injury of the 2019 preseason. After a flag-filled first series on offense http://www.packerslockerroom.com/authentic-clay-matthews-jersey , the Packers punted the football away to the Houston Texans, who were moving the ball thanks to a defensive penalty on cornerback Tony Brown.On a first and ten, however, the Packers got pressure on Texans quarterback Joe Webb. With defensive lineman Montravius Adams collapsing the pocket on the interior, inside linebacker Oren Burks was blitzing and was blocked onto the ground. Outside linebacker Reggie Gilbert brought Webb down for a sack Geronimo Allison Jersey , but Burks remained on his back on the turf after the play for some time, seemingly holding his arm or shoulder.Burks, the team’s third-round draft pick in 2018, started the game next to rookie Ty Summers. He was injured during the second preseason game a year ago, seemingly sapping his early development and causing him to have a minimal role on defense. Hopefully this injury does not cost Burks the remainder of this game or any further action.UPDATE: Burks came out of the injury tent with his left shoulder wrapped up and his day appears to be done. Over the course of eight years with the Packers Kevin King Jersey White , wide receiver Randall Cobb has been on a few teams that have faced questions about whether they could solve what was wrong in time to make the season a success.There was the 1-2 start in 2014 that led quarterback Aaron Rodgers to tell fans to “R-E-L-A-X” and the four-game losing streak that left the Packers at 4-6 in 2016. The Packers were able to right the ship in those seasons and wound up in the NFC Championship Game both times.The Packers are facing some of the same questions they faced in those years after closing the first half with a 3-4-1 record and some might suspect that Cobb and others who were around for those seasons would use them as an example of how things can turn around. Cobb went another direction, however.“We’ve lost games before here, but this just feels different,” Cobb said, via ESPN.com. 鈥淎nd it doesn’t feel good. It’s not fun. But we’ve got to figure something out. …聽Yeah http://www.packerslockerroom.com/authentic-quinten-rollins-jersey , I mean we definitely need some momentum, we need to get a win,鈥?Cobb said. 鈥淚 can tell you, this isn’t fun. Very frustrating and it’s tough. Because I know what we’re capable of and we’re not there. I don’t know what it is, but we’ve got to find a way to get it done.”One thing they’ll need to figure out is a way to win on the road. They are 0-4 away from Lambeau Field and will play in Seattle and Minnesota after hosting the Dolphins this Sunday.

nach oben springen

those of us starving for NFL info. Over at Bleacher Report

in Gästeecke 09.09.2019 07:58
X

Auszeichnungen

des Mitglieds elaine95
Gold
Gold

DeAndre Hopkins and J.J. Watt both publicly have expressed a desire to wear the Houston Oilers’ uniforms as a throwback. That Womens Sammie Coates Jersey , though, isn’t going to happen.The Titans own the rights to everything Oilers.“That’s very interesting, except the Oilers don’t have anything to do with the Texans,” Titans controlling owner Amy Adams Strunk told Paul Kuharsky of paulkuharsky.com. “That’s a hard no.”Watt told Kuharsky on Thursday that he understood the Titans’ position but is disappointed. “People think I don鈥檛 understand that we have no rights whatsoever to the Oilers’ history or uniforms http://www.thetexanslockerroom.com/authentic-andre-hal-jersey , haha,” Watt said. “I understand it completely. It doesn鈥檛 mean I can鈥檛 still enjoy those uniforms and wish we did have the rights.”Instead, Strunk said the Titans could wear Oilers throwbacks one day. (The ultimate indignity would come if the Titans wore the Oilers’ uniforms for a game in Houston.)“I think that would be something I would take to the fans,” Strunk said. “If they were on the board and excited. I mean Womens Jordan Thomas Jersey , so many people love those uniforms, so maybe. Maybe we’ll put a survey out there and sometime if they love them and wanted it to happen, I’m sure we could make it happen.”Titans fans don’t seem nearly as excited to see the Houston Oilers jerseys as Houston Texans fans do, but the Titans are more likely to wear the throwbacks than the Texans are. Will Houston hunt for a new head coach soon?"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Texans StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Texans NewsYahoo Texans Team PageYahoo Texans ReportYahoo Texans Depth ChartYahoo Texans TransactionsYahoo Texans PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub 鉁昍eal Womens Nick Martin Jersey , Actual, Thought-Provoking Texans Analysis2019 Houston Texans OffseasonBRB GroupThink: Do You Think Bill O’Brien Is On The Hot Seat? New,103commentsWill Houston hunt for a new head coach soon? CDTShareTweetShareShareBRB GroupThink: Do You Think Bill O’Brien Is On The Hot Seat? Eric Hartline-USA TODAY SportsWith the offseason in full swing, speculation runs rampant as people scrounge for “news” Brandon Dunn Jersey , op/ed, or anything else to create football related content for those of us starving for NFL info. Over at Bleacher Report, one such piece detailed their opinions of which head coaches were sitting in the hot seat and needed to elevate their games in order to keep their jobs in 2019. Many won’t be surprised that Houston’s own Bill O’Brien is on the list. So we tossed this idea out to the masthead—is O’Brien really on the hot seat?.Here’re the answers we got back:Capt. RonWeston:BFD:Mike Bullock:Rivers McCown:There you have it, folks. What do you think? Is Bill O’Brien wrapped in a security blanket or burning up from the tail up?

nach oben springen

(disrespected) for years from this fan

in Gästeecke 11.09.2019 03:09
X

Auszeichnungen

des Mitglieds elaine95
Gold
Gold

Building on 5-3The Bengals are one of nine teams with at least five wins and trail the Steelers by percentage points for the AFC North lead at the half-way mark. For them to make a run at the postseason Cheap Jonah Williams Jersey , they’ll need to iron out the inconsistencies of the 5-3 start. Here are some of the factors they can build on:Cincinnati Bengals midseason awardsThe Bengals sit at 5-3 after weathering injuries the first eight games and coming out on the winning end in two of three games decided by scores in the final minute.Report: Bengals ‘undertaking further reviews’ with A.J. Green’s injuryGreen left last Sunday’s game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with a toe injury. Despite later telling reporters he was fine, he showed up at Paul Brown Stadium in a walking boot considered a precautionary measure.The Skinny Podcast: Talking sports with Rick BroeringCINCINNATI (WKRC) - Local 12 Digital columnist and editor Richard Skinner was joined by Rick Broering to discuss a variety of topics including Bengals, Hue Jackson, FC Cincinnati Drew Sample Jersey Limited , NCAA football and so much more.Bengals mistakenly gamble on current roster at NFL trade deadlineThe prime examples are gambling time after time on Tyler Eifert, only for his massive upside to go wasted due to injuries. Vontaze Burfict is the other, as his own upside often gets lost in a mess of borderline legal actions and lost focus when he’s actually on the field.Random BytesAaron Rodgers on If He or Tom Brady Is the GOAT: 'He's Got 5 Championships'Brady and Rodgers have gone head-to-head only once before. Rodgers threw for 368 yards and two touchdowns in the Packers' 26-21 victory in 2014, while Brady threw for 245 yards and two scores. Rodgers missed their Packers' game against the Patriots in 2010 with a concussion.Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Did the Rams Just Become Unstoppable?The Rams win the trade deadline Cheap Tyler Eifert Jersey , going from superteam to superheroes. A look at the top MVP candidates through eight weeks. Eric Reid talks Colin Kaepernick (in a 10-Point exclusive). All of that and more in this week's 10-Point Stance.Report: Landry Jones Signs Jags Contract; 'Insurance' to Injured Blake BortlesThe Jacksonville Jaguars have reportedly signed free-agent quarterback Landry Jones after concerns cropped up regarding Blake Bortles' health following the team's Week 8 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.Fantasy Football Week 9: Matt Camp's Fantasy Big BoardRyan Fitzpatrick regained the starting job for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers ahead of Sunday's divisional matchup with the Carolina Panthers. That's good news for Mike Evans and the rest of the Buccaneers offense, especially since it will likely be another high-volume game, assuming the defense has a lot of trouble with Carolina's offense. New England Patriots running back Jeremy Hill didn’t play in Sunday’s Super Bowl LIII victory over the Los Angeles Rams. In fact, he didn’t play in any game for the Patriots since injuring his knee in the team’s season opener in September. But that hasn’t stopped him from celebrating the title or taking shots at his former team and fan base on social media.Hill made a post to his instagram story feed taking great pleasure in prodding the Cincinnati Bengals for their lack of success while he earned a championship joining the Patriots.“Imagine life as a Bengals FAN Cheap Cordy Glenn Jersey ,” Hill wrote on a black background with 17 roaring laughter emojis.Bengals fans were irked and lashed out at Hill for the comment, which led Hill to elaborate on his post on his Twitter feed.
I鈥檝e been tormented trolled and disrepected for years from this fan base the moment I say something you guys go insane I鈥檓 a human being too https://t.co/CmYgr9QhH6— Jeremy Hill (@JeremyHill33) February 6, 2019
With the Bengals leading 16-15 with 1:36 remaining in an AFC Wild Card playoff game against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Jan. 2016, Hill lost a fumble that allowed the Steelers to drive for a game-winning score (with the help of a pair of penalties) and deny Cincinnati its first playoff win since 1990. Hill has apparently been reminded of that fumble rather frequently in the years since by Bengals fans (or at least those he perceived to be Bengals fans).“I鈥檝e been tormented trolled and (disrespected) for years from this fan base the moment I say something you guys go insane I鈥檓 a human being too Trayveon Williams Cincinnati Bengals Jersey ,” Hill wrote in an additional tweet.Hill spent his first four seasons in Cincinnati, rushing for 2,757 yards and 29 touchdowns in three years as a starter before losing a large chunk of playing time to Joe Mixon and Giovanni Bernard last season. Probably safe to assume at this point there won’t be a reunion tour in the future.

nach oben springen

h Jr., LB, MichiganRotoworld: Devin Bush Jr., LB, MichiganCBS

in Gästeecke 11.09.2019 03:54
X

Auszeichnungen

des Mitglieds elaine95
Gold
Gold

CINCINNATI (AP)A false start on the first snap of the season. Later Germaine Pratt Jersey Womens , an incompletion, a sack and a punt. The Bengals’ first possession of 2017 was a preview of things to come for their offense. Andy Dalton threw four interceptions and lost a fumble as Baltimore (9-6) had its way at Paul Brown Stadium in a 20-0 victory to open the season. In many ways, it seems like a lifetime ago as the Bengals (6-9) get ready for the rematch. ”I don’t remember playing them that first week – did we play them?” Dalton joked on Wednesday. ”The turnovers decided the game. We didn’t get much production, and the turnovers didn’t help.” Dalton was only 16 of 31 for 170 yards with five sacks and a passer rating of 28.4, the second-lowest of his career. The four interceptions matched his career high – he also was picked off four times by the Ravens in 2013. The Bengals managed only 221 yards. Fourteen games and a new offensive coordinator later, the Bengals aren’t much better heading into their season finale in Baltimore against the team that started them down their steep path. Cincinnati fired offensive coordinator Ken Zampese after the second game of the season, but there’s been little improvement overall. Cincinnati ranks last in the league in offense, a shocking development for a unit that features Dalton Germaine Pratt Cincinnati Bengals Jersey , A.J. Green and a bevy of running backs. The Bengals were outscored 67-14 in losses to the Bears and Vikings in early December, but rallied for a 26-17 win over the Lions last Sunday at Paul Brown Stadium. The Ravens are in the hunt for a wild-card berth and can clinch a spot with a victory. The Bengals had unfocused performances during the back-to-back drubbings against the Bears and Vikings, but gave a better showing while eliminating the Lions from playoff contention. They’ve been playing with a depleted roster since a 23-20 loss to Pittsburgh on Dec. 4 essentially ended their season. ”Was it a Steelers hangover? Who knows?” safety George Iloka said. ”Was it other things? Who knows? We were just playing out of character.” While the game doesn’t mean anything to the Bengals’ chances, it could mark a turning point in club history. Coach Marvin Lewis is finishing his contract after 15 seasons in Cincinnati, the second-longest current tenure in the NFL behind New England’s Bill Belichick. Lewis and owner Mike Brown couldn’t agree on terms of an extension after a six-win season in 2017. Brown said he’d see how the team fared this season before deciding Lewis’ fate. Lewis has denied a report that he’ll reject any overtures to stay, but has been coy about his wishes. ”Oh, I’m not going to reflect if this is my last game or not,” Lewis said Wednesday. Players have seen nothing different in Lewis this week as he gets ready to visit Baltimore Germaine Pratt Jersey 2019 , where he first caught the Bengals’ eye as coordinator of the Ravens’ Super Bowl championship defense. ”He’s handled it like he would handle any other game,” Dalton said. ”We haven’t seen any change in him. He’s still doing everything he can to get us ready and get us going.” BANGED UP Linebacker Vontaze Burfict (shoulder), running back Joe Mixon (ankle), left tackle Cedric Ogbuehi (shoulder), cornerback William Jackson III (knee) and receiver/returner Alex Erickson (ankle) were held out of practice Wednesday. Running back Giovani Bernard was limited by an ankle injury. BUBBLE UP The Bengals practiced at the University of Cincinnati’s covered field because of the extremely cold weather. They’re the only northern NFL team without their own covered practice field. — As it looks less and less likely that Devin White could end up being the Bengals pick, who could the team’s pick end up being?"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections #BITESIZEFilm RoomRoster Transactions and ContractsOrange & Black InsiderSalary Cap And CBAMock DraftsNFL Mock Draft Roundup: New names to watch for the BengalsNew,26commentsAs it looks less and less likely that Devin White could end up being the Bengals pick, who could the team’s pick end up being?EDTShareTweetShareShareNFL Mock Draft Roundup: New names to watch for the BengalsThomas J. Russo-USA TODAY SportsFor those who have been paying attention to mock drafts for the Bengals Germaine Pratt Jersey Mens , you’ll probably remember a time when almost every single one had Cincinnati selecting linebacker Devin White out of LSU. However, as we have seen free agency and the NFL combine go by, it seems like the chances of White making it to the Bengals has become less and less likely. Even though there are still some scenarios where he falls to Cincinnati, the vast majority don’t.So, who are the new names on the Bengals’ radar? Here is this week’s NFL mock draft roundup:Yahoo Sports: Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio StateDraft Network: Devin Bush Jr., LB Youth Germaine Pratt Jersey , MichiganBleacher Report: Devin Bush Jr., LB, MichiganRotoworld: Devin Bush Jr., LB, MichiganCBS Sports: Devin White, LB, LSUNFL.com (Chad Reuter): Andre Dillard, OT White Germaine Pratt Jersey , Washington StateESPN (Mel Kiper Jr.): Devin Bush, LB, MichiganSB Nation: D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss

nach oben springen

Brown NFL’s two players with at least 90 catches eac

in Gästeecke 11.09.2019 04:44
X

Auszeichnungen

des Mitglieds elaine95
Gold
Gold

We’ll be broadcasting LIVE from downtown Detroit when the Lions are on the clock."The Pride of Detroit 2019 NFL Draft Party is swinging. At the downtown Detroit Buffalo Wild Wings T.J. Hockenson Jersey Mens , most of our staff is there hanging out with nearly 100 eager Lions fans. For those of you that couldn’t make it, we want you to be part of the festivities. When the Detroit Lions are on the clock, we’re going to broadcast LIVE on Facebook Live from the draft party so you can see the reaction of fans as Detroit either makes their pick or moves out of the eighth overall spot. As of now, the Lions are projected to make their pick around 9 p.m. ET. Come back here around that time, and we’ll embed the video below. Or if you’re more social-media inclined, make sure you “Like” our Facebook page and you can set up to get notifications every single time we broadcast live. If you miss out, we’ll be sure to archive the video so that you can look back on how Detroit reacted when the newest Lions was drafted.Come be a part of the Pride of Detroit Draft Party experience! NEW YORK JETS (0-0) at DETROIT (0-0)Monday, 7:10 p.m. ET Jahlani Tavai Detroit Lions Jersey , ESPNOPENING LINE – Lions by 6 1/2RECORD VS. SPREAD – New York 9-6-1, Detroit 8-7-1SERIES RECORD –Lions lead 7-6LAST MEETING – Lions beat Jets 24-17, Sept. 28, 2014.AP PRO32 RANKING – Jets No. 32, Lions No. 19JETS OFFENSE – OVERALL (28), RUSH (19), PASS (24).JETS DEFENSE – OVERALL (25), RUSH (24) Jahlani Tavai Jersey 2019 , PASS (21).LIONS OFFENSE – OVERALL (13), RUSH (32), PASS (6).LIONS DEFENSE – OVERALL (27), RUSH (18), PASS (27).STREAKS, STATS AND NOTES – Jets’ 21-year-old rookie Sam Darnold to become youngest QB to start opener since 1970 AFL-NFL merger. … Darnold set to be first rookie QB to start season opener on “Monday Night Football.” … Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith each won eight games as rookie QBs with Jets. .. RB Bilal Powell has run for 4.83 yards per carry since 2016, NFL’s third highest average among players with 200-plus carries. … WR Robby Anderson had career- and team-high 941 yards receiving and seven TD catches last year. Anderson’s 1,528 yards receiving over first two seasons most by Jets WR since Keyshawn Johnson had 1 Color Rush Jahlani Tavai Jersey ,807 during 1996-97 seasons… CB Trumaine Johnson signed five-year, $72.5 million contract after 18 INTs over six years with Rams. … S Jamal Adams only rookie last year with 80-plus tackles and eight-plus tackles for losses. … Jets haven’t reached playoffs since 2010, franchise’s longest drought since 1970-80. … Lions’ Matt Patricia to make debut as NFL coach. … QB Matthew Stafford had 4,446 yards passing and 29 passing TDs last season, ranking third and fourth in NFL, respectively. … Three-time, Super Bowl-winning RB LeGarrette Blount has run for 1,927 and 20 TDs last two years. He won title with Eagles last season. … WR Golden Tate and Pittsburgh’s Antonio Brown NFL’s two players with at least 90 catches each of previous four seasons. … DE Ezekiel Ansah had 12 sacks last season Cheap Jahlani Tavai Jersey , has 44 in five-year career. … CB Darius Slay had eight INTs last season, tying Tennessee S Kevin Byard for league lead. … Fantasy Tip: Lions WR Marvin Jones had career-high 1,101 yards receiving last year and scored nine TDs, falling one shy of career high. Stafford will pass plenty and throw deep to Jones, making him big-play threat.

nach oben springen

Jersey[/url] , FLCBSBuffalo Bills at New England

in Gästeecke 11.09.2019 05:38
X

Auszeichnungen

des Mitglieds elaine95
Gold
Gold

With uncertainty around DeShone Kizer Womens Davante Adams Jersey , the 2019 NFL Draft might be a prime time for Green Bay to re-employ the Ron Wolf strategy of the 1990s in developing quarterbacks."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections The APC PodcastPackers Film RoomFantasy Football Advicereturning to a yearly QB draft strategy in 2019New,30commentsWith uncertainty around DeShone Kizer, the 2019 NFL Draft might be a prime time for Green Bay to re-employ the Ron Wolf strategy of the 1990s in developing quarterbacks.CDTShareTweetShareShareThe Packers stand to benefit from returning to a yearly QB draft strategy in 2019In his first offseason as General Manager of the Green Bay Packers, Brian Gutekunst shared at least one similarity with former GM Ron Wolf: he traded for a quarterback castoff. DeShone Kizer, acquired from the Cleveland Browns after just one season with the team, was a once-regarded first round talent that dropped to the second. Green Bay was reportedly interested in Kizer during that 2017 NFL Draft and made the surprising move to trade for the Notre Dame product once he became available. Likewise, Wolf shocked many Packers fans when he dealt for Brett Favre, another player that slipped to the second round of the draft and had worn out his welcome in Atlanta. But while Kizer has not come close to displaying Favre-like ability in the pros, Gutekunst’s decision did represent a return to prioritizing the backup quarterback position http://www.packerslockerroom.com/authentic-aaron-rodgers-jersey , even with an established starter at the helm.The Packers selected a quarterback in seven of Wolf’s 10 years in charge of the roster, in addition to trading for Favre in the 1992 offseason. In an interview with Sports Illustrated, Wolf described his reasoning for the strategy. But while Favre continued to be available on the field, the philosophy shifted a little when Mike Sherman took the driver’s seat with just one quarterback in three drafts, and continued even under Wolf disciple Ted Thompson. Thompson drafted the position sporadically, selecting five quarterbacks in 13 drafts. However, three of those occurrences came within his first four years as GM. The last time Green Bay drafted a signal caller was Brett Hundley in 2015.The benefits to an annual quarterback draftee are noted. Most important is the insurance of grooming a capable spot starter in case of injury. The Packers have really struggled with this in particular over the past five years outside of Matt Flynn’s heroic moments of 2010 and 2011. The low-cost talent acquired via undrafted and street free agency to back up Aaron Rodgers was a liability, especially as Hundley failed to show progress after two full years of prior seasoning.Meanwhile, trade collateral is an added advantage with drafting quarterbacks. While the hope is that there will be minimal chances for a backup to showcase his skills Womens Antonio Morrison Jersey , a backup’s preseason action and opportunities when pressed into action can provide later trade value. For every Jay Barker of the Wolf era that fizzled in the pros, there were players like Matt Hasselbeck, whose value appreciated over time. Identifying a franchise quarterback will never be an approach that goes out of style and, in fact, the cost of finding one is only rising.Although Wolf called drafting quarterbacks “blind luck,” he was almost 50-50 in finding a future starting quarterback in the later rounds and selling them later. With Favre stabilizing the starting spot, here is a look at the return value of Wolf’s quarterback selections.Packers quarterbacks drafted under Ron WolfDraft YearRoundPlayerValue to Green BayDraft YearRoundPlayerValue to Green BayWith Kizer failing to impress in 2018 and undrafted Tim Boyle sliding into the third quarterback role as a rookie, the Packers are in position to re-initiate an annual third-day, quarterback-drafting strategy this year. Northwestern’s Clayton Thorson Womens Jamaal Williams Jersey , Washington State’s Gardner Minshew, and Vanderbilt’s Kyle Shurmur, the son of New York Giants head coach Pat, make up three of a number of potential prospects available in the fourth round and beyond. Even if Green Bay does not find a diamond in the rough, a late-round pick could provide valuable training camp competition to Green Bay’s current depth. But if the Packers do, they could bolster their roster in both the short and long terms.As Gutekunst continues to add competition and increase the talent level at a variety of positions on the Packers’ roster in 2019, quarterback is not one that should be neglected with 10 April selections. And while drafting quarterbacks may indeed be blind luck, the value derived from the Packers’ strategy of the 1990s was far from it. Although the Green Bay Packers are out of the playoff race, fans of the Green and Gold can still find some fun in some excellent matchups across the NFL today as the 2018 season draws near a close. Two games today feature likely playoff-bound teams from opposite conferences squaring off in contests that could help decide seeding on both sides of the postseason bracket.The late afternoon game on CBS should be a fun one with some offensive fireworks as the Pittsburgh Steelers visit the Big Easy to play the New Orleans Saints. Pittsburgh needs a win to realistically solidify itself as a playoff team Womens Aaron Ripkowski Jersey , while the Saints can clinch home-field advantage in the NFC playoffs with a victory.On Sunday Night Football, Kansas City and Seattle square off with critical seeding implications for them as well. A win will keep the Chiefs on pace for home-field in the AFC, while Seattle needs a victory to seal up a Wild Card spot in the NFC. Should Seattle lose, the opportunity may be open for an NFC East team to sneak into the playoffs instead.Tune in for the games throughout the day and follow along here.Early GamesAll games kick off at 1:00 PM EasternAtlanta Falcons at Carolina PanthersBank of America StadiumCharlotte, NCFOXCincinnati Bengals at Cleveland BrownsFirstEnergy StadiumCleveland, OHCBSTampa Bay Buccaneers at Dallas CowboysAT&T StadiumArlington, TXFOXMinnesota Vikings at Detroit LionsFord FieldDetroit, MIFOXNew York Giants at Indianapolis ColtsLucas Oil StadiumIndianapolis, INCBSJacksonville Jaguars at Miami DolphinsHard Rock StadiumMiami Womens Bart Starr Jersey , FLCBSBuffalo Bills at New England PatriotsGillette StadiumFoxboro, MACBSGreen Bay Packers at New York JetsMetLife StadiumEast Rutherford, NJFOXHouston Texans at Philadelphia EaglesLincoln Financial FieldPhiladelphia, PACBSAfternoon GamesLos Angeles Rams at Arizona Cardinals2:05 PM MT (4:05 PM ET)State Farm StadiumGlendale, AZFOXChicago Bears at San Francisco 49ers1:05 PM PT (4:05 PM ET)Levi’s StadiumSanta Clara, CAFOXPittsburgh Steelers at New Orleans Saints3:25 PM CT (4:25 PM ET)Mercedes-Benz SuperdomeNew Orleans, LACBSSunday Night FootballKansas City Chiefs at Seattle Seahawks5:20 PM CT (8:20 PM ET)CenturyLink FieldSeattle, WANBC

nach oben springen