Siegerpokal für Fotowettbewerb
Simple Award Plugin • © 2013 Miranus GmbH

GLENDALE Mitch Williams Jersey , Ariz. (AP) — With Corey Seager’s expected return by opening day and the acquisition of right-handed hitting center fielder A.J. Pollock, the Los Angeles Dodgers are not expected to be platooning.Seager was limited to 26 games last season and did not play after April 29. He had Tommy John surgery on May 4 to repair a torn ulnar collateral ligament and had arthroscopic surgery on his left hip on Aug. 7.“There is a certain narrative on us platooning last year, and I think that was kind of for survival,” manager Dave Roberts said Tuesday during his first spring training availability.The two-time NL champions traded Yasiel Puig and Matt Kemp to the Cincinnati Reds and allowed Manny Machado and Yasmani Grandal to leave as free agents. The Dodgers’ major addition was to sign Pollock as a free agent.“I think that we’re not as susceptible against left-handed pitching,” Roberts said. “Offensively, we’re much more balanced, one through eight. Whoever those eight might be on a particular night will conduct consistently better at-bats. And I think the bullpen depth is better than it was last year.”The recovery of Seager, the 2016 NL Rookie of the Year, is critical.“He looks really good,” Roberts said.Roberts hopes his shortstop, who is throwing at 90 feet Dave Cash Jersey , can get 50 to 60 at-bats during spring training.Beginning his fourth season as manager, Roberts said left-hander Clayton Kershaw would like to regain some velocity. Kershaw’s average fastball velocity dropped from 93 mph in 2017 to 91 mph last season, when he dealt with a back injury.“He feels strong,” Roberts said.Closer Kenley Jansen is expected to have a more aggressive spring training routine following surgery Nov. 26 to correct an irregular heartbeat.“I think with Kenley, it will be more towards ’17 spring, and I say that where we were a little bit more active,” Roberts said. “Last year with the workload . we kind of slow-played him and he had a couple little hiccups with the body and it kind of put him back a little bit. He’s in great shape right now.”Roberts also says he expects reacquired catcher Russell Martin and Austin Barnes will compete for time behind the plate.“To get a guy like Russell Martin, whose been in the postseason 10, 11 years in his big year career, he’s a winning player,” Roberts said. “He’s been a Dodger http://www.philliesfanproshop.com/authentic-pat-neshek-jersey , he couldn’t be happier to come back home, so to kind of pair with Austin I think is a very good duo. And I think that time will tell. So they are going to split time, and we’ll see who gets the lion’s share.”The revamped roster, minus Puig and Matt Kemp who were traded to the Cincinnati Reds, and subtracting free agents Manny Machado and Yasmani Grandal, is more balanced, said Roberts. GOODYEAR, Ariz. (AP) — David Bell used a relief pitcher in center field and a catcher at shortstop, showing a willingness to try unusual strategies in his first spring training as Cincinnati Reds manager.“This whole camp has been different,” starting pitcher Anthony DeSclafani said.Bell, the third generation of a prominent Reds baseball family Aaron Nola Jersey , has allowed his coaching staff to make significant changes. Pitching coach Derek Johnson, on Milwaukee’s staff the previous three seasons, has pitchers playing soccer as part of their conditioning drills instead of running foul-pole to foul-pole.“You can see them having fun and get their conditioning in,” Bell said.Johnson also has his staff throwing more frequently, though fewer pitches each time.One of the most notable moves by Bell is allowing reliever Michael Lorenzen to both pitch and play center field — Lorenzen’s position in college — during the same game. Lorenzen has lobbied for the dual role, which is unusual in the major leagues. Lorenzen is getting into condition by chasing fly balls in the outfield during batting practice.“It’s pretty cool they are letting me do this,” Lorenzen said.Kyle Farmer, drafted as a catcher, has played shortstop. Bell intends to use infielder Connor Joe as a catcher, a position Joe hasn’t played since college.Bell has used extreme shifts that employ four outfielders and leave one side of the infield open.Reds players have welcomed the changes, especially the individually tailored plans for getting players ready.“They’re asking us how we feel and what we need physically to continue to get better Juan Samuel Jersey ,” reliever Jared Hughes said. “If guys need a day or if they need extra work, there is a really good system of communication.”After four straight seasons of at least 94 losses, the Reds are ready to consider different approaches.“Why not try new stuff?” second baseman Scooter Gennett said. “We have the ability to do it. I think Lorenzen should definitely be out there. I think he’s nothing but prove that he can hit, that he can throw. He can do it all.”Bell’s willingness to try new things also fits with a trend of nontraditional methods.“The game gets better when people think outside the box because you push the limits of what the game could be,” Hughes said. “They are looking at how we can get better and take that extra step. If you get 2 percent better over 162 games, that’s three extra wins and that could be the difference.”

nach oben springen

"Mein Weisser Schäferhund ist eine Plattform ohne Gewinnerzielungs-Absicht. Jeder der diese Plattform unterstützen möchte, kann dies durch eine Spende tun, damit Kosten für Domain und andere Dienstleistungen zum Forum weiterhin bezahlt werden können. Sie können auch eine VIP-Mitgliedschaft erwerben. Klicken auf das PayPal Spenden-Button um weiter zu kommen und eine Spende vornehmen zu können."

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: krystaricciz
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 156 Gäste und 1 Mitglied, gestern 2803 Gäste und 1 Mitglied online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 17988 Themen und 206751 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucht uns auch bei

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen