WR A.J. Brown left Tuesday’s session early after pulling up while working against defensive backs. The receiver was the Titans’

WR A.J. Brown left Tuesday’s session early after pulling up while working against defensive backs. The receiver was the Titans’

in News und Infos 13.07.2019 10:42
von elaine95 • 447 Beiträge | 2007 Punkte
X

Auszeichnungen

des Mitglieds elaine95
Gold
Gold
Siegerpokal für Fotowettbewerb
Siegerpokal für Fotowettbewerb 2014
Siegerpokal für Fotowettbewerb 2014

Simple Award Plugin • © 2013 Miranus GmbH

NASHVILLE http://www.packersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-darnell-savage-jr.-jersey , Tenn. (AP) — The Titans‘ top draft pick is busy with meetings out of sight from prying eyes as reporters got their one look at Tennessee’s latest crop of rookies.Luckily, A.J. Brown showed off his skills with a one-handed catch to make up for Jeffery Simmons’ absence.Brown turned toward the sideline Saturday and stretched out his right hand for the ball while managing to keep both feet in to complete the catch. Those hands and skills are why the Titans made Brown the No. 51 selection overall in the draft last month.“I just try to catch everything you know,” Brown said. “If it’s out of reach, I just stick a hand up … Not Odell (Beckham Jr.) or nothing like that.”The Titans will need as much as possible from Brown and their four other draft picks working in rookie minicamp this weekend with Simmons, the 19th pick overall, who is expected to be sidelined for much of this season after tearing his left ACL in February.Simmons can be seen in photos the Titans shared on social media along with the rest of this year’s draft class. But the 6-foot-4, 305-pound defensive tackle from Mississippi State didn’t make an appearance Saturday, at least during the approximately 25 minutes reporters were allowed to watch.“He can’t do much on the field, but he’s doing a lot of rehab and he’s lifting and he’s engaged in the meetings,” coach Mike Vrabel said. “So when he’s ready, we’ll get him out there.”Having Simmons around also means head trainer Todd Toriscelli can work out a rehabilitation plan to help the lineman heal as quickly as possible.But drafting Brown and also signing Adam Humphries away from Tampa Bay in free agency is expected to pay immediate dividends for an offense that ranked 29th in the NFL with 185.9 yards passing per game. The Titans also tied for 28th with only 16 TD passes Elgton Jenkins Jersey , and they were last in the NFL for TDs covering 10 or more yards in the air (six).Brown is the all-time leading receiver at Mississippi with 2,984 yards, and he also had 12 100-yard games and 19 TD receptions. He studies Jerry Rice, also a Mississippi native, and got the chance to connect with the Pro Football Hall of Fame receiver and run the infamous hill that Rice ran during his career.He stayed after practice and worked on hand technique against defenders, too, so the receiver is as ready as possible when the rookies start working with veterans like quarterback Marcus Mariota later this month.“I’m just trying to come in and work as much as possible, learn as much as possible so he can feel comfortable throwing me the ball,” Brown said. “He’s a vet, he’s done it. So try to get on his level. I’m trying to get in his pocket.”Linebacker D’Andre Walker, the Titans’ fifth-round selection at No. 168 overall out of Georgia http://www.packersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-jace-sternberger-jersey , got some personal one-on-one instruction from Vrabel. The coach wore a blocking pad on his chest and spent a few minutes discussing hand placement and where to strike when taking on a blocker.Vrabel said Walker was able to stay focused, something he’s noticed during meetings with position coaches. Walker acknowledged he isn’t too familiar with Vrabel’s background as a linebacker in the NFL, though he has heard from people around him.“He was a great player, and eventually I hopefully become a great player as well,” Walker said.NOTES: Vrabel had a little cut on the right side of his nose after working with players, though he couldn’t remember when it happened. “That’s the price of doing business,” Vrabel said. “If I’m going to stick my nose in there, sometimes it gets busted up.” … The Titans had 31 players in this minicamp on a tryout basis. NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Tennessee expects more sacks from coordinator Dean Pees’ defense.The goal is part of the defense’s anticipated overall improvement, but it’s not the Titans‘ primary focus.“We get so caught up sometimes in like, well Dexter Williams Jersey , if a guy didn’t have a lot of sacks that he must not be playing particularly well,” Pees said. “Well, the team that led the league last year in sacks was also 31st on defense. Between me, I’d rather be eight on defense and midway in the sacks, just me personally. … Guys who have a lot of sacks doesn’t mean they’re playing great defense. It means they got a lot of sacks.”Tennessee had 39 sacks in 2018, tying for 16th in the NFL. The Titans would like to be better in that category.Nonetheless, Pees is more worried about the Titans doing what’s asked of them within the defensive scheme, even if that means sacrificing sack numbers. Tennessee made a few personnel changes on a defense that ranked third in fewest points allowed, eighth in fewest yards allowed and sixth against the pass in 2018.Brian Orakpo had 1½ sacks in his final season, and the Titans didn’t bring back veteran linebacker Derrick Morgan, who managed only a half-sack. Tennessee’s big offseason move came with the free agent signing of Cameron Wake who has 98 career sacks but turned 37 in January.Four-time Pro Bowl lineman Jurrell Casey led Tennessee with seven sacks Max Scharping Jersey , and veteran linebacker Wesley Woodyard had 4½.The Titans are also counting on some young players for an improved pass rush.Jayon Brown, going into his third season, had a career-best six sacks last season, and Harold Landry III, expected to start opposite Wake, had 4½ sacks. Linebacker Rashaan Evans, the first-round pick out of Alabama last year, missed last preseason with an injury and still is looking for his first sack and might get more chances to rush quarterbacks this season.Landry, a second-round pick out of Boston College last year, is up to 255 pounds after playing around 240 pounds at times as a rookie last season. He’s worked to add strength and explosiveness with the Titans hiring his old BC strength coach Frank Piraino.“I’m much more relaxed out there going into my second year,” Landry said Tuesday. “I feel like last year was a big learning experience for me. I took it to the offseason. Now I take it to OTAs. I think the game speed has definitely slowed down for me. I’m much more relaxed and much more reactionary flying off the ball. Whatever happens http://www.texansauthorizedshops.com/authentic-kahale-warring-jersey , I just read and react.”As for Wake, Pees said the veteran is busy learning a new defense and what the Titans want from him as a linebacker and defensive end.“They all have to improve,” Pees said. “We want to obviously increase our numbers there, but as long as we’re getting pressure on the quarterback and we’re playing well on third down, that’s the stuff that we’re really looking for.”NOTES: Rookie WR A.J. Brown left Tuesday’s session early after pulling up while working against defensive backs. The receiver was the Titans’ second-round pick out of Ole Miss in April. … The Titans have a new sand pit on the edge of their practice fields for players recovering from injuries and older players working on conditioning. Coach Mike Vrabel says he worked out with Joey Galloway a lot with both living in Columbus, Ohio, as they looked to push themselves as they became older players. “I noticed that my knees and my ankles probably got a little bit more sore than what they used to in training,” Vrabel said. “So we worked and did most of our stuff in the sand pits as we began to get a little older. … It’s just another modality for our guys to train with and try to help us.”

nach oben springen