to understand that.”The decision by the owners was an attempt to quell a firestorm by moving protests away from the public eye a

to understand that.”The decision by the owners was an attempt to quell a firestorm by moving protests away from the public eye a

in News und Infos 13.08.2019 09:07
von elaine95 • 517 Beiträge | 2247 Punkte
X

Auszeichnungen

des Mitglieds elaine95
Gold
Gold
Siegerpokal für Fotowettbewerb
Siegerpokal für Fotowettbewerb 2014
Siegerpokal für Fotowettbewerb 2014

Simple Award Plugin • © 2013 Miranus GmbH

DETROIT (AP) — The collapse of the Detroit Lions is essentially complete.There’s still one more game to go Khari Willis Jersey , but the Lions are now assured of their first last-place finish since 2012 after a 27-9 loss to the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday. Detroit actually dominated the first 25 minutes or so, but the Lions allowed Minnesota’s Kyle Rudolph to catch a Hail Mary touchdown with embarrassing ease with no time remaining in the first half.That play put Detroit behind for good.“Each game is different. That’s part of the frustrating part,” Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford said. “It’s not one thing, you say, ‘OK, let’s go fix that and we’ll be fine.’ It’s just, it’s tough to win games in the National Football League and for one reason or another, execution and playmaking, we haven’t done enough of it.”Detroit (5-10) will end up in the NFC North cellar for the first time since going 4-12 in 2012 under Jim Schwartz. The Lions fired coach Jim Caldwell after going 9-7 last season, and in the first year under Matt Patricia, they will end up with a worse record than in any of Caldwell’s four seasons in Detroit.One of the low points of Caldwell’s tenure came in 2015 Josh Allen Jersey , when Aaron Rodgers threw a 61-yard touchdown pass to Richard Rodgers with no time remaining to give Green Bay a 27-23 win over the Lions. Detroit seemed ill prepared for that play, and the defense wasn’t much better Sunday when Minnesota tried it.“We just have to get a little bit better from an alignment standpoint, we have to get some of those guys in better position,” Patricia said. “Get the guy who caught the ball boxed out and get him out of there. So, a couple details there.”Aside from that Hail Mary, it wasn’t a bad performance by the Lions on defense. They held Minnesota (8-6-1) without a first down for the whole first quarter, and Detroit was up 9-0 in the second.The game turned when the Lions left Adam Thielen all alone on third-and-17, and Kirk Cousins found him for a 40-yard gain. That set up a touchdown with 1:32 left in the half.Minnesota got the ball back, and the Vikings made it to the Detroit 44 with 2 seconds left. Cousins had plenty of time to throw to the end zone, and Rudolph made the catch without even falling down.Detroit managed only 74 total yards in the second half. The offense was without rookie running back Kerryon Johnson and receiver Marvin Jones, both on injured reserve.The Lions dropped their opener at home to the New York Jets Jawaan Taylor Jersey , 48-17 back in September. Their home finale Sunday was similar.“We just have to be better as a team and even next year, it’s not going to get any easier,” defensive lineman Ricky Jean Francois said. “We’re going to keep playing playoff teams, now you have to figure out how to beat playoff teams. Don’t even look at the season, just look at playoff teams.” RENTON, Wash. (AP)Seahawks coach Pete Carroll wanted to be talking about football matters – Seattle’s recommitment to the run game, the addition of two new coordinators, almost anything to do with what happens between the lines.Instead, the league’s oldest coach has spent the past few days processing and discussing the league’s new mandate that players on the field stand for the national anthem. Carroll, his players and those around the NFL are now trying to figure out how to tackle the polarizing topic in the locker room.”We’re going to have to deal with that,” Carroll said. ”I was kind of liking the way it was going and so now it’s kind of taken out of the control from the coach and the players and the locker room to a certain extent Josh Oliver Jersey , so we’re going to have to deal with that. In time, we’ll figure it out.”Players from Seattle, Buffalo, Denver and New Orleans were among those grappling with how to move forward following the league’s announcement Wednesday of a new national anthem policy, which will fine teams if players on the field are not standing for the anthem. Players wishing to continue demonstrations like the kneeling movement sparked by Colin Kaepernick to protest social injustice will be allowed to remain in the locker room during the anthem.Seattle’s Doug Baldwin had the most striking comments, directed at both the league and President Donald Trump after his remarks to ”Fox & Friends” on Thursday saying ”maybe you shouldn’t be in the country” if you don’t stand for the anthem.”He’s an idiot. Plain and simple,” Baldwin said. ”I respect the man because he’s a human being first and foremost, but he’s just being divisive, which is not surprising. It is what it is. But for him to say anybody who doesn’t follow his viewpoints or his constituents viewpoints should be kicked out of the country is not very empathetic. It’s not very American like, actually, to me. It’s not very patriotic. It’s not what this country was founded upon. It’s kind of ironic to me the President of the United States is contradicting what our country is really built on.”Even normally reserved Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson agreed with the sentiment that the owners’ decision was a message to players to essentially be quiet.”Pretty much. I think that’s part of it. It seems that way Deandre Baker Jersey ,” Wilson said. ”But I think a policy right or wrong is not going to fix our problems.”The new policy allows teams to adopt their own workplace rules, which many players interpreted as a backhanded way of subjecting them to fines, suspensions or loss of jobs should they carry on with the protests.Players are also frustrated the league didn’t consult with the players’ association before announcing the policy.”I mean, they weren’t ever going to engage us anyway. When you really think about it, why would we have a say-so?” Denver linebacker Brandon Marshall said. ”I think they should have, right, but I guess they don’t look at us like that, to have a say-so or input in this policy.”Others around the league didn’t see the policy as a potential issue.”I’m really not too worried about it. I would expect that everybody’s gonna be out there with their hand over their heart, showing respect to the flag and to the country,” New Orleans quarterback Drew Brees said.But teammate Demario Davis had mixed emotions about the policy. His father served in the military, but he also understands why players have been protesting.”I just think that when you love something – you care about it – you want to work to get it right. I love my children. When they do wrong things http://www.newyorkgiantsteamonline.com/oshane-ximines-jersey , I’m going to let them know they’re doing wrong things. I’m not just going to sweep it under the rug because I love them,” Davis said.”I think that’s the difference between patriotism and nationalism. Nationalism is loving your country just to love it, you know, even when it’s right or wrong, you’re going to take the side of your country. Patriotism is loving it enough to sacrifice for it, but also to call it (out) when it’s wrong.”The people who are speaking up for the people who are hurting have a deep love and devotion for our country. That’s kind of gotten misconstrued at times. But it’s important for people to understand that.”The decision by the owners was an attempt to quell a firestorm by moving protests away from the public eye and potentially lure back disgruntled fans. But in the process they may have disgruntled their employees and rekindled what appeared to be an issue that was dying down.”With this policy, with the inflammatory statement that Roger Goodell put out (Wednesday) again you opened the door for response and again to my point earlier, I think they missed it on that one,” Baldwin said.—AP Pro Football Writer Arnie Stapleton and AP Sports Writer Brett Martel contributed to this report.—

nach oben springen